PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.Job Description
Businesses today are confronted daily by corruption, fraud and other unplanned events. Our growing Advisory Forensics Services practice protects opportunities for clients by working with them to strategically prepare for and manage the changeable complexities of the evolving threat landscape and by providing unparalleled resources and insights to investigate fraud, assist in risk management and mitigation, and identify and analyze vulnerabilities
- whether in one country or worldwide. With a strong Forensics presence in more than 40 countries, our strategic threat management approach enables us to work with international clients to anticipate, manage, and respond to threats, while also helping clients become "threat-smart."
Our Forensics professionals possess core forensics capabilities as well as forensic technology expertise and offer clients a unilateral advantage in investigating problems that extend across borders or that afflict multinational organizations.
Our Forensic Technology team helps clients protect opportunities in today's evolving business landscape. We apply advanced, strategic approaches to assist our clients with complex information management and analysis challenges by combining data analytics techniques, sophisticated technology tools, and information management principles to help our clients make well-informed decisions.
The Forensic Technologyâ€™s Investigative and Deal Accounting Analytics consultants deploy their technical and data analysis skills coupled with strong business acumen, accounting and financial reporting knowledge to leverage the power of financial and operational data in addressing a range of business challenges, including:
- Investigate accounting irregularities and respond to fraud allegations
- Enable our clients to execute their divestitures, mergers, and acquisitions in an efficient and accelerated manner to maximize the deal value
- Help to address commercial disputes and tax-related controversies or take advantage of tax saving opportunities
In delivering these services, our Investigative and Deal Accounting Analytics professionals deliver fact-based, data driven reliable insights to inform decision makers on a range of high impact topics critical to a particular exercise, from comprehensive divested business' financial statements, to transaction-level details supporting a given Tax position, to optimization of the entityâ€™s product pricing and customer structure post transaction.
Our high performing team brings a unique perspective through the convergence of general business / deal acumen, finance and accounting, and deep technical capabilities.
Our go-to-market approach is to secure wins from becoming our clientsâ€™ trusted advisors by bringing the full power of the Firm
- teaming with complementary capabilities across different Firm practices: Forensic Accountants, Transaction Services, M&A Advisors, Tax and others.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Management Information Systems, Engineering, Accounting, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Statistics, MBA from an accredited college/university.
Certification(s) Preferred: Database and programming certifications, such as Oracle, MS SQL Server; CPA; and/or PMI.
Certified Fraud Examiner is a plus. Knowledge Preferred:
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge of, and/or success in individual contributor or supervisory roles involving, forensic technology, forensic accounting and/or technical investigations, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including the following areas:
- Supervising or leading work streams involving business transactions management, such as divestitures, mergers and acquisitions;
- Performing in or maintaining relational and NoSQL Databases, especially utilizing one or more of the following environments: Data Visualization Tools
- Tableau; Spotfire, QlikView, etc., R or Base SASData Analytics
- Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Informatica; or, VBA or Python;
- Performing in ERPs, especially multiple business and accounting cycles, financial reporting activities, and data models;
- Understanding industry-specific business processes and accounting practices, such as Healthcare, Oil and Gas, Utilities, etc.; and,
Consulting or helping to manage industry-related data analytics and/or financial management, emphasizing multiple business and accounting cycles.
Demonstrates a thorough level of ability in and/or proven record of success with forensic technology, forensic accounting and/or technical investigations, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including the following areas:
- Managing multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, cross-functional, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment;
- Leading teams on accounting-related and business consulting projects to translate business and accounting requirements into technical solutionsâ€™ specifications;
- Creating, managing, and utilizing high performance relational and NoSQL databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Access, OLAP and other proprietary software;
- Gathering, standardizing, and analyzing voluminous transactional electronic data, such as banking records, general ledgers, sales and inventory data, etc.;
- Querying and mining large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examining financial data and filtering for targeted information that utilize both traditional and predictive/advanced analytic methodologies;
- Designing and developing user interfaces and database reports;
- Assisting practice leadership in creating proposals, budgets, work-plans, and other business development activities as appropriate;
- Communicating cogently when writing, speaking and/or presenting to senior management, client personnel, client in-house and outside legal counsel, compliance personnel, investigators, vendors or subcontractors, and team members; and,
- Overseeing project management, including preparing budgets, work plans, status reports, and client-ready deliverables.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.