Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Investigative Toxicology – Liver Subject Matter Expert in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Investigative Toxicology – Liver Subject Matter Expert working on the Global Drug Safety research and evaluation team, you will be empowered to develop and direct hepatotoxicity assay and use genomics, molecular and advanced cell culture techniques, and a typical day will include: OBJECTIVES:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Hepatotoxicity Expertise | Liver toxicity is a dose-limiting event for small molecules and biologics alike. Help steer pharmaceutical drug project teams with expert advice and direction to design safer, more effective cell, protein and small molecule therapies.
- Global Liver Toxicity Strategy | Help lead the global strategy for designing & delivering of state of the art assays to detect liver toxicity in candidate drug molecules.
- Liver Toxicity Problem Solving | Hepatotoxicity can derail even the most promising drug projects. Lead problem-solving teams to help save these projects & make safer drugs for patients.
- Develop and direct hepatotoxicity assays, including driving the global liver toxicity strategy.
- Use genomics, molecular and advanced cell culture techniques (spheroids & organ-on-a-chip technologies) to investigate mechanisms of drug-induced toxicity
- Steer drug discovery teams to make safer medicines using experience, in-house, and literature data.
- PhD in pharmacology, toxicology or related field with 3+ years of industry experience in liver toxicity.
- Experience with advanced cell culture approaches with cell lines, primary cells, and iPSC cells.
- Cell and molecular biology skills including flow cytometry, application of knock-out, knock-down technology, gene expression analysis, and biomarker assay development and validation
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment at a pharmaceutical company and/or CRO
- Broad scientific knowledge including immunology, pharmacology, toxicology, pathology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Expertise designing & delivering fit for purpose assays for understanding the mechanism of toxicity of agents including drugs, for biomarker development and application, and for derisking drug candidates.
- Experience with liver, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, or immunotoxicity toxicity assays.
- Skills in pathway analysis, network pharmacology
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- DABT certification a plus, but not necessary
- Routine demands of an office based environment.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, 15%
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.