Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Investigator is responsible for conducting internal investigations of employee concerns and complaints. These concerns and complaints may relate to alleged violations of law or Company policy, including concerns of discrimination, sexual and other prohibited harassment, retaliation and/or other violations of Company policies.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguity, and work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Strong interviewing skills.
• Time management and prioritization skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Strong ethics and the ability to keep information confidential.
• Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to identify and define problems and develop and implement solutions.
• Ability to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
• Detail-oriented; ability to prepare comprehensive investigation reports and represent ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability and skill to manage multiple projects, maintain momentum, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in Human Resources or a closely related field.
• Juris Doctorate.
• SPHR or PHR certification
• Conducts internal investigations of employee concerns.
• Independently leads and manages multiple comprehensive investigations of employee concerns and complaints in compliance with established internal investigative procedures.
• Develops and maintains appropriate investigative documentation.
• Effectively and professionally communicates regarding investigation progress and findings.
• Provides recommendations for resolution of employee issues.
• Collaborates with the Director of Internal Investigations regarding processes and best practices to improve investigation efficiencies and effectiveness and identify the root causes of issues.
• Responds proactively to the tracking, trending, and analysis of employee relations issues across the Company.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience performing investigations involving employee concerns.
• Minimum of 3 years of HR compliance or employment law experience, either in an HR role or representing and counseling corporate representatives regarding employee concerns.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.