• Bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, or chemistry.
• Minimum of three years of industry experience, preferably in Biopharm/vaccine or other large molecule environment.
• Experience with quality control or cGMP laboratory working environments.
• Demonstrated experience in maintaining meticulous documentation records.
• MSc, PhD or equivalent degree / education background
• Experience with biopharmaceutical analytical methods (e.g., SDS-PAGE, ELISA, cIEF, SEC, CEX-HPLC, Immunoassay, Bioassay, USP/EP compendial testing).
• Strong familiarity with FDA/EU/ICH and ROW regulations and guidance.
• Strong project management skills, attainment of PMP certification
• Cold Chain distribution, inventory management, and other logistical experience are highly desirable.
• Familiarity with statistical trending
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to interact with both internal and external parties
• High detail-orientation, organization and proactivity.
• Ability to work both independently and within a matrix team environment
• Technical proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Manage the GSK Biopharm Critical Reagents program. This role provides critical support to the release and stability testing of GSK's Biopharm portfolio within R&D.
• Provide management oversight for reference standards, analytical cell banks, in-house recombinant antigens, host cell proteins and other reagents critical to the release and stability testing of Biopharm assets.
• Oversee reagent inventory and shelf life management, planning resupply strategies through CROs or cross-departmental collaborations, perform method troubleshooting, and reagent risk management.
• Work closely with collaborators across various R&D departments as well as GSK commercial manufacturing organizations.
• Effectively work in a matrix environment.
Application closing date: 1st November 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.