Investment Product Manager - Fixed Income
Company: The Hartford
Location: Wayne, Pennsylvania
Posted: October 21, 2017
Reference ID: 1702712
Overview of Position: The Investment Advisory Group (IAG) is responsible for the day-to-day portfolio oversight, manager evaluation, selection and ongoing due diligence in support of Hartford Funds, with approximately $85B in assets. IAG is seeking an Investment Product Manager to join their successful team. This role will have direct ownership and responsibility for a group of funds within an asset class (Fixed Income) across Hartford Funds' mutual fund and ETF complex. The incumbent will work with senior members of the investment and research teams to perform the day to day oversight process on our funds and provide investment support to a variety of internal clients.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Direct ownership and responsibility for group of funds within asset class (Fixed Income) across Hartford Funds sub-advised complex
• Select, monitor, and perform on-going evaluation of external fixed income investment managers in Hartford Funds mutual fund and ETF complex
• Act as a subject matter expert for a subset of funds within an asset class; responsible for communicating investment performance, outlook, and strategy to the firm's clients and sales force
• Contribute to product development and management efforts across fixed income suite
• Understand and analyze key trends within the asset class, and positioning of competitors
• Provide due diligence reports for communication with senior management and the Board of Directors, including commentary on performance and risk characteristics of the funds
• Conduct thorough portfolio analysis using Lipper, Morningstar, Zephyr, Bloomberg, Factset and other tools
• Collaborate with broader organization on product positioning, marketing content, and investment insights
• BA/BS required; concentration in finance, economics or quantitative discipline very strongly preferred. MBA, CIMA, CFA or progress towards preferred
• 4-10 years of fixed income investment related experience
• In depth knowledge of investment tools for performance analysis and portfolio analytics (i.e. Zephyr, FactSet, Bloomberg, Morningstar, Lipper, Barclays Live)
• Strong writing and presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent relationship building skills
• Polished and articulate demeanor; projecting a high degree of self-confidence, poise and executive presence
• Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work in a team environment
• Prior experience involving mutual fund product management a plus
• Experience in mutual fund manager/fund evaluation viewed favorably
• WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $91.5 billion as of June 30, 2017 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
• At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing-a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
• Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to 'act like an owner' of the firm, and live Hartford Funds' human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
• WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
• Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **