Morgan Stanley's Banking Group provides industry, regional and product expertise to corporations, institutions and government clients in order to develop and execute innovative and customized solutions to the most challenging strategic and financing issues faced in the global marketplace. The Investment Banking Group is comprised of a number of industry groups which work closely with product team members in Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Capital Markets, and other groups throughout the Firm to provide relevant market insight, product creativity, and execution expertise to clients. These solutions include initial public offerings; public and private equity and equity-linked financings; mergers, acquisitions and restructurings; defense advisory assignments; strategic partnerships; public and private debt placements; share repurchases; and hedging, swaps and derivative transactions.
Our Menlo Park office is looking for an Technology Investment Banking Analyst to join the market leading team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with regional and international clients on a wide range of complex transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, shareholder relations, recapitalizations, demergers, leveraged buyouts and defenses against unsolicited takeover attempts, strategic advisory assignments and executions of public and private capital markets transactions. The successful candidate will work closely with professionals throughout the firm to deliver high quality advice to our clients. You will play an important role on a team that includes senior professionals who will encourage you to go beyond the numbers and think creatively.
• Superior valuation skills
• Comfortable reading and interpreting financial statements
• Extraordinarily high level of motivation and commitment to working hard
• Extraordinarily high level of focus on work quality and attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Commercial instinct and ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines
• Interest in developing a career in technology investment banking
• Series licensing or must obtain
• Up to 2 years of experience
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.