About the Position
Guggenheim Securities, the Investment Banking division of Guggenheim Partners, is seeking a Senior Associate / Vice President to join its Structured Products Origination ("SPO") team. Structured Products is a core focus area at Guggenheim, and the firm is a market leader in providing its clients with a broad range of structured financing solutions using securitization techniques applied to a wide range of asset classes, with a particular focus on Esoteric/Non-Traditional ABS, including: franchise royalties; intellectual property rights; billboards; various types of consumer and commercial loans; marketplace loans; collateralized loan obligations ("CLOs"); solar loans, leases and power purchase agreements; tax liens; insurance commissions and other insurance-linked securities; wireless cell towers; venture debt; triple-net leases; aircraft; and others.
Guggenheim ranks as the #1 underwriter of Esoteric/Non-Traditional Asset-Backed Securities, and has executed over $20 billion of issuance across 35+ structured financings since 2014. The team is also the most active underwriter of Whole Business Securitizations, having structured and placed over 75% of new issue WBS since 2014, including transactions for Dunkin' Brands, Domino's and Wendy's, among others.
The hire will work with senior bankers and play a significant role in sourcing and executing mandates across asset classes.
The role will be located in the firm's New York office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Work with the group's senior professionals to assist in originating and lead the execution of SPO transactions across a variety of asset classes
- Model complex securitization transactions backed by various types of esoteric assets
- Prepare marketing materials (presentations, term sheets, etc.) for clients
- Lead transaction due diligence process
- Actively interact with rating agencies and prepare materials for rating agency meetings
- Walk investors through client's business, transaction structure and requested stress scenarios
- Review and comment on transaction offering memoranda and other legal documentation
- Coordinate marketing and syndication process with Structured Products Syndicate and Guggenheim's dedicated Structured Products sales force
- Manage, train and develop analysts and junior associates
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Current position in a structured products group at a major financial institution
- At least 3 years of experience in structured products front office banking role
- Experience with cash flow modeling of ABS, CLO or other types of securitized products required
- Strong quantitative skills; Microsoft Excel modeling experience required, familiarity with VBA/Intex preferred
- Familiarity with securitization legal documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to work as part of a team
- Must successfully pass a background check and transfer or obtain appropriate securities licenses
- This is an FLSA Exempt role
About Guggenheim Securities
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
About Guggenheim Partners
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $240 billion1 in assets under management. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With 2,500 professionals based in over 25 offices in eight countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com
and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs
1 Assets under management are as of June 30, 2016 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $57 billion .
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.