The Senior Collateral Management Specialist will support responsibilities assigned to the Collateral Management Settlements Team and will assist management with oversight for the day-to-day tasks assigned to the Collateral Settlements Team. This position will be responsible for ensuring a smooth operation of Fixed Income by confirming and finalizing transactions, communicating with brokers and custodian banks, and resolving trade discrepancies. Additional responsibilities include fails analytics, Client reporting, and special projects. This individual will have the opportunity to gain a vast amount of knowledge in Collateral Management, including: counterparty and settlement risk, Fixed Income security valuations, Legal documentation requirements, and Market Best Practices. Responsibilities:
- Work with multiple international broker/dealers and custodian banks to ensure timely settlement of collateral across clients' portfolios for Fixed Income products including: ISDA, ISMA, TBA, MSFTA, GMRA, and equity products.
- Provide trade directives to banks via fax and SWIFT and other automated proprietary and 3rd party systems.
- Gather delivery instructions from banks and broker/dealers and ensure accurate setup in proprietary systems.
- Conduct special projects as requested by Settlements Manager or Senior Management.
- Foster a solid working relationship with the offshore team to ensure that daily tasks are completed with clear and effective communication.
- Act as a point of escalation for broker/dealers and custodian banks and the client when issues arise.
- Build positive relationships with multiple internal teams for special projects, resolving trade breaks and collateral fails.
- Gain a solid understanding of the Collateral Management process from end to end.
- Assist with fail root cause analysis through special projects and reporting/data analytics to minimize settlement risk.
- Assist with industry initiatives to promote automation of legacy manual processes.
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- Minimum 3+ years related work experience.
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills including expressing complex ideas and concepts.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once under time sensitive market constraints.
- Computer proficient including spreadsheet and database applications.
- Excel power user a plus (VBA), database management experience.
- Familiarity with OMGEO ALERT, Bloomberg, BBH Worldview.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income and Equity securities/instruments is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Financial Services industry including global securities and foreign currency transactions.
- Knowledge of SWIFT directives and STP automation