About The Position:
Guggenheim is seeking a self-starter and self motivated candidate to join its rapidly growing Guggenheim Investment Guideline team. Reporting to the Investment Guidelines team, this person will be responsible for the daily monitoring of investment guidelines and investment restrictions in investment management systems to monitor pre and post-trade restrictions. Their primary responsibilities will include supporting the Compliance team in the testing, maintenance, monitoring, investigation and resolution of investment guideline restrictions in the investment management systems. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of equity, fixed income, currency, exchange traded and OTC derivatives and equivalent systems experience and knowledge.
The Investment Guideline Associate role presents an opportunity to join a team that sits at the 'hub' of Guggenheim Investments at an exciting time of growth and evolution at all levels of the company. The position is located in the Chicago office. Specific Responsibilities Include:
Skills & Experience Required:
- Coordinate and support the Compliance department in set up, testing and monitoring of investment guidelines
- Ensure mandated investment guidelines are translated into formats that can be coded into monitoring systems and accurately reflect trading restrictions for the particular client account
- Monitor and recommend appropriate controls to cover non-programmable guideline restrictions on a timely basis
- Coordinate the breach investigation process and management reporting
- Responsible for the override process and management reporting of overrides
- Assist with analysis of client Investment Management Agreements (IMAs) and seeking clarification of guidelines from the business where necessary
- Perform analysis of the data requirements on appropriate systems
- Develop test plans and test new and updated investment guidelines
- Maintain the system(s) from the account on-boarding process forward
- Investigate all breaches that occur
- Contribute to the construction of procedures and controls in relation to trade guideline monitoring
- Work closely with colleagues and clients to respond to queries and to escalate critical issues if needed
- Act as a reviewer of work produced by others using analytical skills and processes
- Support smaller projects as needed including the implementation of version enhancements
- Coordinate other ad-hoc projects and reporting
- Bachelor's degree required and/or commensurate professional experience
- 3 to 5 years experience in a financial services environment, preferably within Asset Management or in a legal/regulatory/data management environment
- Experience of automated investment restrictions systems such as Blackrock Solutions, Charles River etc.
- Professional qualifications in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Law/Legal systems preferred
- Working knowledge of the investment decision making and trade implementation process
- Basic understanding of operational risk management controls and legal terminology
- Business writing experience and ability to express self clearly in writing
- Ability to read and understand complex business documents
- An understanding of financial instruments data across asset classes including fixed income
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have:
About Guggenheim Investments:
- An analytical and detail-oriented approach and the ability to provide practical solutions
- Working knowledge trading and trade guideline systems
- Guideline monitoring experience
- Accuracy and high attention to detail
- Working experience with front office in Asset Management House
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
A little about us:
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.