Managing Director will be the lead finance manager responsible for the SSGA Investment Management (IM) organization. The Investment Management group is the operating organization for all of SSGA's Portfolio Management (PM) Trading and Research. This role incorporates several key areas and responsible for all financial reporting and analysis and advancement of key analytics/PM (portfolio manager) profitability for executive management (both Investment Management and SSGA).
The incumbent would ideally have relevant asset management industry background. The position requires excellent financial modeling and analysis ability coupled with strong communication collaboration managerial and time management skills. Candidate will need to be a creative self-starter and be a critical contributor in the advancement of implementing best practices and development of new and key tools. Experience working with and/or managing offshore team a plus.
As a key member of the finance team the successful candidate will be comfortable interfacing and presenting to executive management both within the finance team and the business. The position is a key hire as SSGA Finance seeks to advance its finance support of this critical business group within SSGA. Job Responsibilities:
- \t\tPrincipal role will be the development production and oversight of the key analytics and financial reporting and related analysis including:\t
- \t\tDrive all analysis and reporting efforts supporting SSGA IM Global Chief Investment Officer CEO CFO and EMG Corporate Finance Accounting and other groups\t
- \t\tLead further development of PM profitability with SSGA Central Finance (CAPS) in order to fully maximize Investment and product profitability.\t
- \t\tDevelopment of financial analytics models and standard commentary platforms for BU teams\t
- \t\tPrepare SSGA and BU teams for monthly forecast independently assess feasibility of financial results and collaborate on the optimal projection\t
- \t\tSupervise and training India Team (Bangalore) as appropriate in production of majority of analytics\t
- \t\tManage compensation analytics including PM incentive plans.\t
- \t\tLead IM annual operating plan coordination and development.\t
- \t\tIntegrate GCIO & Product Industry / Competitive Intelligence into Central Finance Team as needed for additional context into BU's ongoing strategies\t
- \t\tPlay a leading role in SSGA Finance efforts to develop multi-year financial model critical for strategic decision making.\t
- \t\tCompiles ad-hoc reporting and completes special projects as assigned;\t
- \t\tAssists SSGA Finance in building a culture of continuous improvement - critically examines and assesses reporting practices and suggests improvements wherever necessary.
Other relevant experience and skills:
- \t\t15+ years experience in financial services.\t
- \t\tBachelor's degree in business or related field.\t
- \t\tCPA CFA CIA or other applicable certification preferred.\t
- \t\tDemonstrated experience managing a team and ability to take initiative to influence and drive results within a complex organization.\t
- \t\tAdvanced degree and/or professional certifications preferred.\t
- \t\tProficient understanding of the financial markets is required.