Morgan Stanley Investment Management, together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 589 investment professionals around the world and $406 billion in assets under management or supervision as of June 30, 2016. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
The Global Risk and Analysis group of Morgan Stanley Investment Management is looking to fill a position, at the Senior Associate level, as the IM Model Control Analyst. This role reports into the head of Quantitative Research and Model Review, a group responsible for the development and enhancement of quantitative risk analytics for the full range of investment products and the testing and validation of pricing and portfolio construction models utilized by investment teams.
• Manage/maintain the enhancement and operations of model inventory for the Investment Management division
• Familiar with regulatory guidance on model risk management, including OCC 2011-12 and SR 11-7 and related standards and metrics
• Liaise with technology teams, IM model specialists, and other key stakeholders within Morgan Stanley to support model risk management project execution, automation and reporting
• Master's Degree in a technical field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics or Operations Research
• 1-3 years of experience in the financial services industry in a quantitative field, preferably with experience in model development/review, risk modeling and portfolio optimization
• Programming skills in statistical packages such as R, SAS, Matlab and S and familiarity with database systems such as Sybase, MS SQL
• Familiarity with vendor risk systems such as RiskMetrics, BlackRock, MSCI/Barra, Yield Book, Barclay's POINT, SunGard APT is a plus
• Good communication skills
• Driven, highly motivated and results focused, with strong organizational and project management skills
• Ability to operate autonomously, as well as be an effective member of a broader team
• CFA/FRM a plus
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.