At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. MetLife Investments is a premier asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With a $450 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife's financial performance. The primary objective of Investments is to maximize MetLife's long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the company's liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
Global Investments Operations is responsible for providing trade support for all general account investing activities, delivering all aspects of operational support for the derivative portfolio, serves as the Investments data governance steward providing required reporting needs, coordinating large-scale global programs and work-flow redesign activities, managing the performance of our external vendor relationships; and managing budgets and efficiency programs. The group is also responsible for business development, marketing, media relations and communications programs that promote MetLife's investments franchise in the marketplace.
Investment Management Operations is responsible for global middle office function operating in Morristown, Tampa, London, Hong Kong, Mexico City, Santiago and Noida, India. The department encompasses all aspects of trade execution support, securities pricing, reconciliation oversight, corporate actions and the Data Integrity Group Job Location
United States : New Jersey : Whippany Job Description
The Investment Reports Consultant will be involved in a variety of reporting, technology and data quality functions within Operations. Work can be both recurring as well as project based, often with tight deadlines. This role has a need for an inquisitive nature, with the associate keeping a constant eye out for ways to improve existing processes and implement new solutions. Individual as well as team-based work is constant.
Main responsibilities include:
- Support Investment's Executive Operations and Front Office. Individual will need to be knowledgeable, understanding the market factors and business strategies for all information which impact the results reported. Solid communications with asset sector managers and traders, along with a strong understanding of fixed income markets, are critical success factors for this role.
- Provides very complex data analysis and trending and provides observations and recommendations for review by senior management
- Runs complex ad hoc reports on schedule and provides data analysis prior to delivery to senior leadership.
- Remain at the forefront of applicable business intelligence technologies, discovering and implementing solutions to the needs of the Front Office and Executive Operations for reporting, data access, and data quality.
- Leads project teams that may span the entire organization or multiple LOB's responsible for overseeing improvements to data collection, output, reporting, analysis, and/or presentation
- Strong knowledge of investment accounting to work closely with Finance units to support reporting.
- Respond to and fulfill ad hoc queries from Executive Operations, Front Office, and Finance in the most efficient, thorough, effective and timely way possible.
- Maintains databases, ensures integrity of data, and remains current on applicable business functions and technology tools.
- Build strong working relationships with the rest of Investment Operations, as well as IT and other front office groups.
- Advanced knowledge of technology system processes, reporting functions, and methodologies.
- Strong analytic, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Broad fixed income investments experience.
- 10+ years of experience in investments or financial services industry.
- In-depth knowledge of investment products.
- Advanced Microsoft and BI Technology (Excel, Word, PowerPivot, Power BI, SharePoint, SSRS, etc.) skills.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required; MBA, CPA or CFA preferred.
Investments Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 11M
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.