The Wealth Management Investment Solutions division includes Alternative Investments, Traditional Investment Products, Capital Markets, and Annuities and Insurance. Operational risk and market risk are inherent in all activities conducted by the Investment Solutions businesses, including the services and products delivered to clients, the technology and processes used to support them, and the staff ensuring the group's effective operation.
The Business Risk Management Associate will analyze data, conduct product reviews, and help develop and implement regulatory guidance and internal policies and procedures related to the Investment Solutions businesses in order to mitigate risk. The Associate will also have a project management role in supporting the product areas, and will coordinate with Capital Markets Sales and Trading professionals, as well as Investment Solutions Legal, Compliance, Risk, and Operations coverage, in order to carry out the role's responsibilities.
Candidates for this position should have experience in the global financial markets, including familiarity with fixed income and equity capital markets, alternative investments, fund products, annuity and insurance, and structured investment products. The candidate should also have a strong understanding of the regulatory and compliance landscape affecting the fixed income and equity capital markets and retail brokerage. The fast-paced and high profile environment requires an aptitude for analyzing and interpreting complex information from multiple sources in a timely manner.
• Review existing internal policies and procedures, and develop and implement new controls and procedures, to ensure that business activities conform to established business unit guidelines and identify control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
• Plan and perform internal reviews of procedures and controls residing within various product and business areas to ensure the businesses are adequately prepared for all audits, compliance exams, and regulatory inquiries.
• Work with Investment Solutions' Legal and Compliance coverage teams to interpret related regulatory rules and implement appropriate controls and policies ensuring compliance with industry regulatory standards and the Firm's risk guidelines.
• Contribute to front-to-back analyses in order to analyze the businesses products and practices to ensure compliance with department policies and procedures and industry regulatory standards and best practices.
• Conduct the annual and daily counterparty review and manage review and approval process.
• Assist the Firm's Pricing Committee to ensure all security pricing challenges are reviewed and resolved.
• Participate in the development and execution of business unit training and content review, which requires coordination with business unit heads, legal, compliance and marketing.
• Create management risks reports, including monitoring and presentation of key metrics and status updates of projects and regulatory items.
• Conduct supervisory reviews surrounding various sales and trading operational controls, including municipal and CD shorts, cancel and corrects, trade error, etc.).
• Assist senior members of the Business Risk Management team on targeted product and business review committees through meeting preparation, data analysis, and policy reviews.
• Participate in new investment product offering reviews intended to ensure appropriate product and client eligibility standards are followed.
• 2-5 years relevant work experience
• Series 7 & 66 licensing preferred or ability to obtain within 120 days
• Thorough understanding of Investment Solutions products, including fixed income and equity products, structured investment products, alternative investments, fund products, and annuities and insurance.
• Understanding of common industry policies and procedures, and business practices, with a focus on regulatory rules and compliance.
• Knowledge of IT Security controls
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Microsoft Word. Excel (including pivot tables, Vlookups, etc. and PowerPoint)).
• Ability to work independently, promote teamwork and demonstrate sound reasoning and judgment.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Exemplary interpersonal and client service skills.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.