Job Location: United States : New York : New York
The Investment Strategies and Solutions (IS&S) team is part of MetLife’s Retirement & Income Solutions (RIS) group, responsible for investment risk analysis, primarily for its Stable Value (SV) line of business. SV has long played an important role in defined contribution retirement plans and is now offered in nearly half of all corporate 401(k) plans. As a leader in the SV marketplace, MetLife has developed a variety of SV alternatives tailored to fit the needs of plan sponsors. These include both insurance separate account-based products as well as “synthetic trust” arrangements. The latter is expected to be a significant contributor to growth and expansion of MetLife’s depth in this market. In support of this and other institutional insurance products within the RIS organization, IS&S provides investment consulting as well as compliance and reporting solutions.
The Investment Specialist will conduct in-depth risk evaluation and monitoring of external managers supporting the SV business, coordinate investment related transactions between MetLife’s Investments department and RIS lines of business and provide support to compliance and reporting functions.
- Investment risk analysis of SV new and existing synthetic contracts. This includes:
- Initial risk evaluation of external managers for feasibility of a synthetic deal. Utilize investment software to assist in the evaluation of managers’ investment portfolios.
- Evaluate investment guidelines to determine appropriateness of overall risk level. Provide detailed risk analysis to SV business leaders.
- Ongoing performance risk evaluation and recommendations.
- Support contracts team and SV product with investment aspects of discussions with regulators.
- Monitoring of SV contractual metrics and adequate compliance with regulatory requirements (e.g., Mortgage TBA reporting and analysis).
- Work with RIS lines of business and MetLife’s Investments department in matters related to our insurance separate account platform. This involves negotiation of investment guidelines and fees, investment manager transitions, investment guideline violations, regulatory filings, client meetings, client communication, etc.
- Provide support to all aspects related to compliance and performance reporting.
- Monitor industry market trends and relevant business news.
- Participate as assigned on RIS project teams.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred; degree preferably in Liberal Arts, Business, Finance, Economics or other related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in investments and at least 5 years of experience in fixed income including structured products. Solid understanding of different sub asset classes within fixed income, investment guidelines and regulatory environment.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills.
- Team player (collaborating with a wide range of internal and external business partners).
- Proficiency with the investment analytic tools from BondEdge or similar, Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, and eVestment Alliance.
- MBA and/or CFA, CIMA designations or working towards one
- Experience with a broad array of asset managers, assets classes, investment strategies (products) and styles.
Americas – Retirement & Income Solutions
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.