Overview of the role: The Investment Specialist will serve as a subject matter expert on all Hartford International Equity products. This individual will work closely with field and internal sales teams helping drive new sales opportunities and client service retention of existing allocations and placements.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Support Hartford Funds' in-house investment capabilities and investment line up in partnership with the sales organization
• Collaborate with broader investment team, sub-advisors and in-house portfolio managers in gathering and analyzing product and capital markets data, assembling support materials including field resources, sales ideas, presentation books and training materials
• Provide sales teams with ongoing updates on International Equity products
• Act as a resource internally and assist with training of sales organization
• Develop and direct product-specific marketing plans for existing and emerging investment product sales opportunities relating to International Equities
• Collaborate across key stakeholders within Hartford Funds its sub-advisors to drive impactful messaging and marketing ideas
• Represent portfolio management in sales final presentations and articulate investment processes/competitive strengths of relevant products
• Develop and drive a focused client service effort across all segments of the investment team
• 5 years minimum experience
• CFA preferred
• Strong team player with the ability to collaborate across internal and external partners to drive results
• Extensive knowledge of asset management industry, including, competitive landscape to position and differentiates our products against competitor firms and their products
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge on all targeted products serving as the product expert
• Excellent communication and group presentation skills
• Self-starter who has a strong desire to succeed and to achieve goals in a consistent and timely manner
All Hartford Fund Employees are expected to "act like an owner" and behave in a way that exemplifies our core values, which includes:
• Do what needs to be done in order to make the client experience and Hartford Funds better
• Act with integrity at all times - never put your reputation or the franchise's reputation at risk
• Demonstrate financial discipline - focus on return on investments
• Enjoy what you are doing and who you do it with - Have fun!
• Continuously drive to deliver results, take accountability and ownership of work and strive for continuous improvement
• Never be satisfied with status-quo
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $85 billion as of March 31, 2017 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing-a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to 'act like an owner' of the firm, and live Hartford Funds' human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD