The Investment Strategist in the Strategic Business Segments (SBS) group at Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) will provide the analysis and support to help grow key WFAM business segments including Defined Contribution (DC) and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), in addition to collaborating on business building efforts related to the broader Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) organization. The ideal candidate for the role has a broader interest, outside of his/her direct responsibilities, in investments and building out the WFAM business and brand.
Responsibilities for Investment Strategist team members:
- Create DC and ESG analysis and support to drive the adoption of the firm’s investment strategies with clients and prospects
- Work directly with investment teams, product teams, and client-facing and consultant teams to educate on ESG and DC issues, generate ideas for new or enhanced ESG and DC strategies to provide a superior investment offering and client experience
- Help build the infrastructure for SBS – client q/a, competitive analysis, product positioning, sales collateral, RFP responses, etc – to enable a mission-oriented dynamic team to succeed and grow
- Contribute to custom ESG and DC projects and analyses for clients and prospects
- Contribute to thought leadership for different client segments, both idea generation for compelling and differentiated pieces and in the execution of the pieces themselves
- 5+ years of investment management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or comparable professional designation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Track record of intellectual curiosity
- Knowledge of and experience in Institutional investment industry preferred
- Experience in Defined Contributions and/or Environmental, Social and Governance a plus
- Strong investment knowledge and analytical skills
- Team player with experience in building strong working relationships
- Self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
A little about us:
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.