Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Investran Business Analyst will be a junior member of the Investran business technology team and will have a global remit. The role will involve working directly with the vendor on all State Street business critical issues and custom solutions. Additionally the analyst will provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support in all core areas - including Investran accounting issues, client on-boarding, data analysis, ad-hoc data extractions and report building.
We're looking for a candidate who brings private equity business knowledge, deep Investran know how, design and hands-on knowledge of Report Wizard, Active Templates, Business Templates and quantifying custom solutions and client requests.Coverage
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Global PERE Operations
- Involvement in wider global State Street AIS PERE requirements
- Investran business analyst servicing US, EMEA and APAC investran users
- Investran SME for client on-boarding, queries and operations support
- Ability to identify and evaluate technologies
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- Know how to translate software functionality into user/business terminology
- Stakeholder management
In addition to the duties listed above, the business analyst may also be requested to perform Custom Solutions & Full System QA and work on weekends on occasion (during system patching and upgrades).
Qualifications Technical Knowledge / Skills Preferred
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Good people management and conflict resolution skills
- Investran 6.3 or higher a plus
- Ability to translate business requirements into full technical specifications and act as point of contact and first escalation point for daily project issues
- Ability to coordinate ad-hoc requests which requires interaction with multiple technical teams globally
- Having at least a beginner to intermediate knowledge of Private Equity accounting principles is ideal for this position. Additionally, knowledge of some of the more complex troubleshooting for Investran and Accounting principles as they relate to the (Automated Transactions) AT's
- Excellent telephone techniques/customer service skills
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Excellent listening, query and analytical skills
- Effectively communicates relevant project information across all levels
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Individual should have a high energy level and be a creative thinker in a changing environment
Minimum Education / Qualifications
- Provide 1st line business and technical support to global Investran user base across multiple Investran instances
- Provide report designing and writing support to all level of Fund Accountants and Client Ops users
- User guide documentation for business processes and complex accounting custom solutions such as Active Templates and Transaction Upload tool. And providing front end user training
- Experience in providing quick turnarounds on business critical issues by escalating, allocating issues and working with the appropriate IT resources and teams
- Gather and analyse information on existing business processes in order to make recommendations that seek to improve business systems and processes
- Create and present accurate estimates of effort, costs and timescales for proposed projects and assist in prioritization
- Assist in a variety of data analysis activities including validation, scrubbing and reconciliation
- Writing test scripts (detailed test plans) and executing quality assurance and user acceptance testing
- Preferred Graduate Level
- Must have intermediate Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Visio & PowerPoint skills
- Crystal, VBA and SQL exposure a plus
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills. Must possess a strong desire to learn
3 years technical Investran experience; preferably in an IT Support or Business Consultant capacity. Experience of working in an Investment or Fund Operations business.
Job Opening ID
NY, Boston, Clifton
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.