Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Based in Louisville, Ky., Schneider Electric’s Energy & Sustainability Services (ESS) division addresses clients’ diverse energy and sustainability management needs. Experts within the division provide integrated solutions to meet clients energy supply, demand and sustainability challenges. With an expanding global footprint, Energy & Sustainability Services includes a team of more than 2,000 energy professionals in offices around the globe. What do you get to do in this position?
We are offering a Invoice Analysis & Validation internship opportunity in our Data Operations department. This internship offers an opportunity to do work that effects the bottom line of some of America’s leading companies, and an opportunity to experience a corporate culture that values integrity, innovative and passionate leadership, creativity, excellence, professionalism, and positive relationships. available to work up to 40 hours through the summer and 18-30 hours per week. Position responsibilities:
- Process supplier and/or utility invoices and enter information into appropriate database templates.
- Create/maintain contract information within the database for designated geographical assignment.
- Aggressively resolve discrepancies with suppliers and/or utilities due to incorrect billing, both verbally and in written form.
- Maintain various reporting information related to energy procurement activities.
- Effectively communicate Schneider Electric expertise to internal and external clients.
- Adhere to Schneider Electric’s analysis processes.
- Meet Schneider Electric’s client-specific data needs (hard copy files and database).
- Meet Schneider Electric’s work-flow tracking needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- Integrity: demonstrates this in all interactions
- Decisiveness: has the ability to sort through information and make appropriate and timely decisions
- Initiative: recognizes and acts on what needs to be done without being asked to do it
- Diligence: energized by being diligent in meeting deadlines and completing tasks on time.
- Thoroughness: pays close attention to detail and produces accurate work in a timely fashion
- Responsibility: understands expectations and follows through in accomplishing them
• At least a sophomore standing in Business, Finance, Math, Economics, or related major
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Office Products (focus on Excel)
• Strong desire to research problems and issues with ability to follow-through to resolution
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Provide excellent customer service internally and externally
• Work well on teams, within and outside of function
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Authorization to work in the U.S.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.