If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
We are looking for an iOS developer to join the Point of Sales Team. POS (Point of Sale) is a very diverse group catering to the provisioning & maintenance related transactions of a large section of the VZW user base. It spans from our retail stores, to Indirect Verizon authorized sellers, to orders being placed by telesales reps, as well as large B2B Orders. We have evolved over the past few years, and have a fully functional & award winning POS Mobile Application that’s been used extensively by the Retail Reps.
- Use design and coding experience, who can carry ideas/concepts through the analysis and evaluation then develop, test, deploy and support complex software systems.
- Utilize experience scaling systems and cloud technology to support services in the mobile environment. Work highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities.
- Provide high level verbal and written communications such as design documents, presentation, decision documents, or research papers.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support authentication, copresence, and cutting-edge network protocols.
- Optimize mobile applications on the iOS platform.
- Develop prototypes quickly.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Objective-C, hybrid model, and Cocoa Touch/UIKit.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Networking frameworks, Sqlite library.
- Experience on build tools, integration with IDEs (Xcode), Application signing and publishing to Apple Store.
- Familiarity with Restful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries.
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools instruments.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools Git, Accurev.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.