Software Engineer - iOS Development at MileIQ
At MileIQ, we work in small cross-functional teams with sprints, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and demos. We're looking for team members who are passionate about human-centered design, finding simple solutions to complex problems and excel at solving real issues for real people. Over 2 million users trust MileIQ to automatically log their mileage for their largest deductions and reimbursements ever. Join us in reinventing the future of productivity.
As part of our mobile team, you will help shape the direction of our flagship product, MileIQ! Your contributions will be critical to enhancing the existing application, creating new and unique features and delight our customers. Whether you are creating new user experiences or enhancing our location detection algorithms, you will have the opportunity to make important decisions and take ownership, influencing the direction of our products.
- New feature development on our existing mobile platform
- Work with other engineers on the team to design, architect and implement end-to-end solutions to challenging problems
- Advance and enhance the location detection capabilities of the platform
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to create rapid prototypes of new ideas
- Ensure and promote practices that ensure high-quality, stability and performance
- Create user experiences that engage and delight our customers
- Bachelors in CS or related field
- Recent iOS development experience and/or contributed to one or more apps on the Apple App Store.
- Proficient in Objective-C and iOS core frameworks
- User interface and interaction implementation experience using Interface Builder, Storyboards and/or CoreAnimation
- Working knowledge of the MapKit APIs for mapping UI and services
- Familiarity with at least one of the main iOS frameworks like CoreLocation, CoreData, CoreBluetooth or CoreMotion Familiarity with web services, API development or database development is a plus
- Unit testing experience in iOS and Objective-C is a plus.
Microsoft will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.