Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
iOS Engineer R&D
More than 60 million customers rely on us every day to enable fast, frictionless access to their money and empower them with tools, insights, and support so they have healthy financial futures.
That’s why we’re here—a bold team of digital entrepreneurs, designers, analysts and engineers working to Change Banking for Good. Working to make a difference in people’s lives.
Hey, maybe you should be here, too.
Keep reading if:
- You’re driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the customer
- You embrace change and innovation, always seeking to push the boundaries
- You’ve got a background in start-ups or passion for cutting edge technology, because this particular gig is entirely focused on creating new and amazing mobile products no one thought was possible at “a bank”.
What you'll do:
- Create new mobile products and features in Objective-C and/or Swift.
- Help define ambiguous ideas into amazing mobile products that will make an impact to people’s lives.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, Data Scientists, and other developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible.
- Inspire junior engineers to push the boundaries of technology along side of you.
- Deliver amazing solutions to production that knock everyone’s socks off.
What we’re looking for:
- Amazing technical instincts. You know how to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the job. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
- A love for working in ambiguity—and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. You don’t form an opinion and sell it as if it’s gospel; this is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts. (So if you like structure, process, and guidelines, this probably isn’t for you.)
- Confidence, not ego. You have an ability to collaborate with others and see all sides of the coin to come to the best solution for everyone.
- You’ve shipped outstanding apps from concept to launch; you’ve got examples in the App Store you can share right now.
- You have full stack programming experience in multiple programming languages and can’t wait to learn more.
- You have experience building and deploying in the Cloud.
- Familiarity with iOS development tools such as Xcode and CocoaPods
- Experience shipping to the App Store
- Familiarity with UIKit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or military experience
- At least 2 years of native iOS application development experience
- At least 1 year of experience integrating with APIs
- 2 years of experience developing and delivering REST web services
- 2 years of experiences with public cloud oriented architectures in AWS or Microsoft Azure
- 2 years of experience with Agile development methodologies
- 2 years of experience as IT consultant or in an IT start-up
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.