IoT Data Engineers in the Johnson Controls Connected Offerings work with teams across Building Efficiency and across all of our channels, and are responsible for connecting our products and services to bring insights, efficiency, reliability, and value to our partners and customers.
The IoT Data Engineers build and operate the infrastructure and systems to make the connectivity possible. They work on back-end big data systems to store and manage data, with modern full-stack client tools to make use of that data on the web and in other applications, with data analysis tools to process the data, and with our product engineers to embed connectivity.
- Plan, Develop, Test, and Document software for connecting devices and other software products to the JCI Cloud and Data Platform
- Enhance and assist with the operations of the JCI Cloud and Data Platform
- Work with other software developers to embed protocols and libraries in JCI products, and with our partner's products
- Work with Product Management to define product features, and with our organization to communicate features to our sales channels, support organizations, and our customers
- Occasional travel will be required
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science/Electrical or Computer Engineering, or has a degree and demonstrated technical abilities in similar areas.
- Has strong written skills and the ability to effective communicate technical analyses and results to business management
- Deep experience with SQL and multiple Relational Database Management Systems with non-trivial databases.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills with network programming and distributed systems
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills with security, authentication, and authorization in distributed systems and the web
- Experience with systems programming on Linux/Unix or Windows
- Hands-on experience with public clouds such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or the Google Cloud Platform.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Statistics, or other field with technical communication
- Experience with Big Data management systems such as Hadoop or Spark
- RESTful API Design
- Experience with HVAC or Industrial Controls systems
- Software development for embedded systems
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.