IOTG SEG Hardware Engineer Job Description
Conducts or participates in multidisciplinary research in the design, development, testing and utilization of information processing hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, and/or circuitry, processes, packaging, and cabinetry for central processing units CPUs and/or peripheral equipment. Prepares specifications, evaluates vendors, and analyzes test reports. Ensures products conform to standards and specifications. Develops plans and cost estimates and assesses projects to analyze risk. Develops procedures, analysis and design for computer components, products, and systems. Initiates, guides, and coordinates overall design and development of new ideas and products. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Analyze, design, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products.
- May work directly with companies that develop applications software.
- Focuses on enabling and optimization of 3rdparty software applications.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavior skills:
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to motivate the team to deliver skills.
- Demonstrated customer communications skills as internal/external customer interaction is a critical requirement of this job role.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.Qualifications
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. Minimum Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- At the bachelor level applicants must have a legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Minimum of 6 months experience with:
- Power Delivery
- Power Management or power measurement
- Experience with the following:
Inside this Business Group
- Power consumption analysis, power modeling and power estimation
- Key embedded workloads and power/performance characterization
- IA architecture, Performance projections include MP/MT workloads, CPU micro architecture, Memory technologies
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.