Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
• Responsible for ensuring that processes for the quality management system are established, implemented, and maintained.
• Access business needs and determines appropriate course of action in areas of manufacturing processes affecting compliance quality, delivery and financial outcomes.
• Working in conjunction with site leadership defines, develops action plans, implements process and measures outcomes for opportunities to improve from moderate to high complexity.
• Manages daily, weekly and monthly compliance, quality, and financial reporting systems
• Manages manufacturing processes for Continuous Improvement
• Provides leadership in absence of site Quality Manager
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions
• Responsible for reporting to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement.
• Perform audit of the Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
• Acts as a liaison with external parties on matters relating to the quality management system.
• Conducts routing audits to ensure facility compliance.
• Interacts with all levels of management and supervision daily.
• Ability to display grace under pressure.
• Reports to the Quality Manager
• Additional tasks as assigned.
BS preferred. Associates degree in Business, Accounting, Administration or 3-5 years’ experience in admin position as substitute for education. RAB Accredited Auditor Certification for ISO 9001 Preferred. 3-5 years’ experience in ISO 9001.
• Strategic and tactical planning ability to meet business metric for compliance, quality, delivery and financial at the plant.
• Demonstrate experience developing efficient and effective solutions to manufacturing issues and problems.
• Excellent communication skills, oral, written, presentation and interpersonal
• Critical thinking, time management, problem solving and information processing abilities
• Self-starter, technical aptitude, strong mathematical, analytical skills.
• Must be able to demonstrated knowledge of plant systems.
**EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled**
**Job ID** _2016-28804_
**FLSA Status** _Exempt_
**Business Site** _US_ _-_ _VA_ _-_ _DANVILLE_
A little about us:
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is the world's largest flooring company, with operations in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We have a military to civilian job translator on our veteran career page. Check it out.