Are you an energetic and dependable employee that takes pride in your craft? Would you like to be part of a dynamic and growing aerospace manufacturing business in Savannah, GA? Arconic Forgings and Extrusions (AFE)
is looking for a qualified Isothermal Heat Treat Operator at our Savannah, Georgia location. Our organization is dedicated to rapid, profitable growth through continuous capital investment, operational excellence and career development. Arconic
is a company that promotes and develops from within with worldwide opportunities. If you are interested in a career with our facility, where our business has doubled in revenue in first five years of existence, we encourage you to apply. Arconic Forgings and Extrusions (AFE)
serves the global aerospace and automotive markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of extrusions and forgings in our industry. Headquartered in Cleveland, OH; AFE
employs 3,400 people in 5 countries at 16 locations. AFE
is a business unit of Arconic
Company Benefits : We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with financial security, health and well-being. In addition to competitive pay, we off a variety of benefit programs.
- Medical, Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match (up to 6%)
- Retirement contribution (3%)
- Performance Pay based on company results (up to 5%)
- 2 weeks' annual vacation accrual
- 10 annual paid holidays
- Employee discount programs
Position Profile :
Isothermal Heat Treat team members will work with High Temperature gas furnaces and Isothermal Press Components to uniformly forge and heat isothermal parts to prescribed temperatures, duration and quenching process to manufacture parts with conforming grain structures.
Essential Functions : This is a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities, and is not all inclusive. Incumbent(s) may and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Demonstrates understanding of HiSaS Heat Treat processes in the capacity of successful heat treatment of isothermal forgings.
- Reads work orders and blueprints to determine specified tolerances and sequences of operations.
- Operates robot manipulator and heat treat furnaces
- Operates control systems for heat treat loading operations
- Operates HiSaS controls to turn on/off system, check system, initiate quench, and install load fixtures
- Instructs manipulators in presenting parts for inspection and fully runs/transfers parts.
- Completes accurate shroud assemblies and planning based on successful mastery of all other major job operations.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand. Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing. Production and Processing - Knowledge or ability to learn of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Microsoft Office Suite - The ability to understand, navigate, manipulate and create, Excel, Word, PowerPoint documents as well as the Outlook platform.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Interpret graphs and analyze temperature data.
Physical Demands :
- Often required to wear common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats.
- Continuously required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Location/Environmental Requirements : Nickel and titanium manufacturing facility. Exposure to: moving mechanical parts; wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold, extreme heat, vibration; loud noise levelBasic Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment or military mechanic experience.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Previous military and/or mechanical experience related to hydraulic maintenance