**Exciting long-term contract Information System Security Officer (ISSO) Opportunity in Fort Walton Beach, FL****Qualified Candidates MUST have an ACTIVE Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility & Security + CE Certification**Top Required Experience: RMF (Risk Management Framework)A&A ProcessCCRIJob Description:
The ISSO will be responsible for administering, assuring and maintaining a unique communication system network. This network allows secure communication of critical mission data to multiple agencies and bases. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for an information system and as such, works in close collaboration with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) and plays an active role in monitoring a system and its environment. Additional responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
- Developing and updating the system security system control traceability matrix (SCTM), the system security plan (SSP), managing and controlling changes to the system, assessment and authorization (A&A) package and assessing the security impact of those changes.
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the security authorization package
- Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to the IS
- Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with the security authorization package
- Coordinate any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with the ISSM and AO/DAO prior to the change
- Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly
- Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
- Ensure audit records are collected and reviewed
- Identify the information systems that will process classified information; the volume, relative sensitivity, and perishability of the information (TEMPEST)
- Establish and manage media creation, destruction and tracking program
- Responsible for classified assets; may be required to maintain a media inventory and ensure accountability for all classified material
- Must have TS/SCI with DCID 6/4 eligibility within 5.5 years at the time of application
- Must be willing to submit to a CI polygraph
- Must have DoD 8570.01-M IAT-II certification or better (i.e. Security+ or better)
- 3-6 years relevant/direct experience with information system security/information assurance/cybersecurity processes
- Must have a strong DoD/USAF information security policy background
- Must have a strong understanding of AF systems and PC requirements (i.e., a working knowledge of the directives and governing policies governing information systems)
- Clear understanding of audits as they pertain to government information systems security
- Familiarity with data leakage protection technologies.
- Understanding of COMSEC regulations and best practices.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Typically has an Associate degree and 3-6 years relevant work experience.
- Specific/direct experience implementing JSIG and RMF policies/practices is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of vulnerability scanning software (ACAS, SCAP, etc.).
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.