Develops and executes assignments that impact important and complex components / processes in Information Security Risk Management . Receives complex short and mid-term assignments that require the application of independent judgment and creativity. Conducts review of IT projects to identify security related risks and manage vendor security assessments. Performs due-diligence reviews to assess vendor compliance to the security controls outlined in business agreements, security or corporate policies, procedures, and regulations. Deliverables include thorough reports of the results of the assessment with clear recommendations of security controls that help minimize impact to the organization. Operates within the context of approved methods. Job Responsibilities
- Develops and executes operational activities that impact important components / processes of the specified IT work function, and may include responsibilities in the area of Security, Planning and Analysis, Strategy or Operations, such as:
- Developing and executing assigned high profile plans/programs to enhance/maximize consumer awareness, market share and support specified initiatives.
- Interpreting results and analyzing trends.
- Reviewing alignment of functional area strategies with assumed outcomes.
- Monitoring strategies of functional area and recommending / implementing adjustments.
- Contributing in planning and implementing a broad range of activities to meet objectives.
- Developing tactical plans.
- Preparing related program budgets.
- Participating in development of programs that establish and enhance standards.
- Identifying and establishing relationships with internal/external partners.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- Develops and enhances processes to support established standards. May design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
- Ensures that defects in assigned projects or programs are tracked, summarized and presented to management. Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced business solutions.
- Participates in the development of business approaches and new or enhanced processes.
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of the work team.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com and VisionDirect.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience in IT, Finance, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 5 years of experience in Finance, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Achieved one of the following certifications (CEH, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP)
- A thorough understanding of key networking protocols and computer operating Systems
- Ability to analyze business applications to determine and communicate risk to stakeholders in an understandable way
- Experience performing vendor security assessment
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization
- Prioritizes and works on multiple tasks effectively while maintaining high quality work result
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.