Position Summary:As the Vice President of Architecture and Innovation position, you will have overall accountability to set the enterprise technology and architectural standards, blueprints and roadmaps to support CVS Health's strategic information technology direction. This requires your coordination and integration of applications, infrastructure, data and processes to facilitate and support the improvement of CVS Health's technology and resources.
As a successful IT leader, you have demonstrated success in progressive enterprise level IT leadership roles within large, complex, matrixed enterprises. Your experience in those environments should include developing and fostering high quality relationships with all levels of the enterprise. We also value successful experience in leading complex business opportunities to fruition through creation and implementation of an enterprise business/technology roadmap.
This position may be based in Woonsocket, RI, Florham Park, NJ, Scottsdale, AZ, or Northbrook, IL.
- Understanding, advocating and supporting the enterprise business and IT strategies through the development of a long range strategic technology roadmap.
- Key conduit for business and IT teams to evolve the Enterprise Architecture (EA) function to develop and maintain processes and services designed to keep ongoing alignment with goals and strategies of the overall organization.
- Leading the identification and analysis of enterprise business objectives and drivers to derive enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements. Also accountable for the defining the standards and processes for quantifying IT enabled business solutions.
- Analyzing external IT influences such as new technologies, desired changes in technology standards, changes in strategic direction and regulatory requirements to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise and IT operations.
- Leading and facilitating the creation of governing principles to guide solution discovery and decision making for the enterprise. This includes the development, management, governance and ongoing support of those standards throughout IT and our business communities.
- Provide leadership in the promotion of enterprise-wide applications and minimizing utilization of new custom or single use applications.
- Providing thought leadership to ensure that IT lifecycle management and strategic business requirements are continuously aligned.
- Ensuring that quality and process concepts are integral to architectural and operational decisions.
- Ensuring optimal governance structure and compliance activities, chairing the Architectural Review Board that reviews/assures at appropriate stage gates, the level of capability and standards adherence for key projects.
- Identifying business capability enhancements (e.g., organizational requirements for resources, processes and tools) and cultural changes necessary to support the EA.
- Promoting the EA process, standards and outcomes to the organization, including to enterprise IT and business leaders.
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement within the Information Technology organization.
- 15+ years of leadership experience, supporting an enterprise IT environment.
- 10 + years xperience working in a highly regulated environment (e.g., Life Sciences, Financial Services, Government/Military) due to complexity of security and regulatory requirements.
- Notable experience designing and implementing enterprise architectures in a shared services environment, and success leading programs with multi-million dollar budgets
- 10 + years of expertise in enterprise architecture best practices, methodologies, and governance.
- Proficiency in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment.
- Personal experience leading the successful design and adoption of enterprise wide architectural standards.
- Experience with architecture strategy, governance, compliance, development, and implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline is a plus.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
A little about us: