Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for IT AS PLM Service Manager to be located in West Chester, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
We are thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The IT AS R&D PLM Service Manager will develop and manage teams of high performing individuals and have the responsibility of establishing and building out a MD global RD PLM offering that meets the needs of the J&J businesses and accelerating business insights across the IT enterprise. Additional responsibilities include leading the overall R&D PLM Service Owner effort at the corporate level, communicating R&D PLM technology, product and business concepts throughout J&J and development of a robust end-to-end process and Quality Management System (QMS) that supports the R&D PLM life-cycle management process. This role will report directly to the IT AS QA Senior Director.
Approximate Percentage of Time – Major Duties/Responsibilities
- 20% - Accountable for developing the MD Global R&D PLM build strategy for IT AS and building an IT AS Quality System to support R&D PLM. Responsible for building and managing a MD Global high-performing team that designs, operates, and continually improves R&D PLM build processes globally. Responsible for addressing issues and challenges pertaining to the offering, and expediting / resolving issues that may require partnership across the organization.
- 20% - Lead and be the critical driver in establishing and directing the Software as a Medical Device (R&D PLM) cross-functional governance team at the corporate level and related activities at the sector, franchise and operating company level. Collaborate with IT teams, cross J&J teams, and external partners to align R&D PLM processes to be compliant with current and future regulations, policies and standards of governing and select standards bodies globally while adhering to global J&J standards including Agile, SLDC, and Portfolio Management.
- 15% - Overall accountability for proposing and creating the QMS that ITAS build teams will use in development of R&D PLM products. This includes service platforms and their configurations, the definition of deliverables, and the integration of this into the existing SDLC Agile methodology. In addition, overall accountability for assisting ITAS Build teams in estimation and quote creation for product that will be R&D PLM solutions.
- 10% - Collaborate across Application Services to identify and communicate integration issues between services. Connect enabling teams such as the development centers, professional services support center, and other service-based teams, to ensure a positive overall offering delivery experience for customers.
- 5% - Build relationships to advance R&D PLM innovation objectives, including developing relationships with KOL’s, academic institutions, scientific institutions, medical and technology companies to understand emerging trends and opportunities, to foster technology-development linkages, transform those insights into offering improvements.
- 5% - Instigate and lead innovation and proof-of-concept initiatives to continually improve offering performance or address emerging / unmet customer needs.
- 5% - Collaborate with the business, internal AS partners, and AS leadership to shape vendor selection and management strategies for both technology and professional services, particularly niche or region-specific vendor strategies.
- 5% - Identify and manage R&D PLM build demand pipeline across J&J. Collaborate with internal partners and customers to estimate and quantify the impact and business value of key initiatives.
- 15% - Establish baseline metrics and increase efficiency of build portion of R&D PLM off of established baseline. Lead the development of an Intellectual Property Portfolio in RD PLM and related areas.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years R&D / Manufacturing / Quality related PLM experience is required
- 10+ years in highly matrixed, large enterprise organizations is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, enabling effective interaction with global teams located in different regions/countries is required
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience developing and delivering IT services in large complex enterprises required
- Must be able to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior and executive management effectively
- Must have strong planning, organizational, and decision-making skills
- Experience driving strategy and advancing quality solutions through the pipeline to successful launch
- Experience leveraging connections to the external environment in order to identify and capitalize on sources of innovation (e.g., customers, university’s, leading edge vendors, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others
- Proven ability to lead and influence others at all levels within the organization
- Familiarity with the product development process and the design control processes and tools is preferred
- Familiarity with regulations, policies and standards of governing and select standards bodies (e.g. FDA, TUV, ISO, CSV etc.) is preferred
- 10-15% international and domestic travel may be required
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.