The IT Asset Analyst is responsible for the lifecycle management of technology assets. The IT Asset Analyst ensures that all IT assets (hardware and software) are properly tracked using defined processes and tools. Using defined processes, the IT Asset Analyst will work closely with vendors to optimize management of expenses and track compliance to company policy.
They identify and act upon cost saving opportunities, maintain accurate inventory, file billing disputes, manage operational events, review contracts, present detailed monthly reports to management. Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Participates in the procurement, receiving and disposal of IT assets and capital appropriation requests (CAR) development and execution
- Oversee IT Asset inventories (cellular devices, servers, end point devices) in ServiceNow to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Ensure proper procedures and controls are in place to improve IT Asset/Software License compliance to reduce unplanned purchases or maintenance expenditures
- Fulfill IT Asset and Service requests that are submitted through self -service meeting defined service level agreements
- Perform audits, research, and analysis for departments and/or business units and provide monthly reporting
- Develop effective reporting tools and provide detailed monthly reporting to management in all areas of responsibility. Emphasis is placed on collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends. Provide recommendations for cost savings and/or efficiencies.
- Onboard new invoices for automatic processing and manually process exception invoices for telecom services
- Manage relationships with key providers and partners and report on performance
- Identify and document errors, missing transactions, outdated or expired services, inactive lines, lines currently in service that should not be, and lines that are inaccurately listed.
- Must have strong knowledge of Excel and some experience with Access and/or SQL databases.
- Experience with accounts payable a plus.
- Project management skills, ability to multitask and manage several concurrent projects
- General understanding of end point device, server, voice and data network equipment
- Analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to various levels of management as well as external Grainger vendors.
"Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status."
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.