Our client is seeking an experienced IT Asset Manager who will be responsible for managing and monitoring the asset management system to ensure that IT asset data is captured, accurately recorded and updated in timely manner within the configuration management database (CMDB). The IT Asset Manager will be responsible for tracking all existing and newly acquired IT Service Area components (e.g., software and licenses, hardware maintenance contracts, and related assets) and their attributes on networks. The IT Asset Manager will be responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization. The IT Asset Manager will develop and implement processes and procedures that are consistent with industry best practices for tracking assets in compliance with Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) regulations and vendor contracts throughout the asset lifecycle.
* Maintain accuracy of the IT asset inventory and configuration items in the CMDB* Support IT acquisition and capital equipment replacement processes
* Identify opportunities to fully utilize unused or partially used IT hardware and software assets
* Maintain baseline configurations, hardware standards, and support contracts within the CMDB
* Update asset records related to all approved change activities (such as break-fix, change requests and projects)
* Develop, document, implement, and improve Asset Management procedures to meet operational requirements, to adhere to defined policies, and to ensure the accuracy of the CMDB
* Define metrics, data collection, and reporting on the effectiveness of IT asset management processes
* Audit, validate, and reconcile hardware and software assets against the installed asset base
* Provide reports of asset management audit results, recommend solutions and implement approved asset management remediation plans to address DFARS deficiencies
* Manage and execute asset management projects and communicate status regularly to key stakeholders
* Provide updates and training to other personnel on processes, tools, and reports
* Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US.
* In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
* ITIL v3 Foundation Level Certification (or better)
* At least five years' experience managing CMDB and IT Asset Management projects and programs within the ITIL framework
* Knowledge of CMDB and Asset Management tools. LANDesk product suite experience preferred
* Experience in asset and configuration item identification, baseline definition, relationship mapping, CMDB administration and IT acquisition processes
* Proven success in fast paced and dynamic environments
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.