Title IT Associate
City San Francisco
The Associate is responsible for complete information technology support including but not limited to company desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices, servers, and infrastructure. A qualified candidate must be articulate, possess excellent communication, time management, and prioritization skills, and be confident in solving a variety of technology issues.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Company systems support, including but not limited to deployment, upgrades and support to Microsoft Windows, OS X, iOS, and core infrastructure and server technologies.
• Application support of Microsoft Office suite and various other packages.
• Mobility, networking, virtualization, and telephony support.
• Documentation of systems configuration, installation and daily procedures.
• Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
• Monitor, respond, and resolve problems submitted to the IT Service Desk, within service level agreements, to the end user's satisfaction.
• Audio/Visual conferencing including setup, configuration, and troubleshooting.
• Participation in planning, troubleshooting, and status meetings.
• Research and recommendation on emerging technologies.
• Dynamic work hours including 24/7 on-call support availability with rotating primary/backup.
Requirements Skills, Experience, and Education
Candidates must demonstrate experience in the deployment and support of information technology, excellent communication skills, and a desire to work in high-energy, goal-oriented financial environment. The candidate must be extremely professional and possess the ability to synthesize and communicate thoughts and ideas to executive management succinctly. The position requires the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, anticipate required activities/tasks, and work according to changing priorities and deadlines. Important skills also include: attention to detail, understanding of prioritization, self-motivation, and time management skills.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of four years of college, resulting in a bachelors or equivalent degree, and two or more years of professional experience in IT systems support.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.