IT Associate Manager- Performance Engineering (Job Number: 023978)
Corporate Office - 1435 LAKE COOK RD
1435 LAKE COOK RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Accountable for the creation of the strategic Performance Quality Assurance and engineering roadmap in order to achieve strategic and operational business goals. Responsible for the management, development and deployment of performance test plans and resources in support of the Pharmacy Renewal performance test and engineering strategy. Creates the test strategy and manages the development of innovative approaches, processes, products, and services that support Pharmacy Retail Renewal integration with internal and external partners. Ensures that performance engineering is leveraged to optimize the delivery of efficient quality processes. Drives business results and strategies through the effective management of resources, plans, policies, and processes.
Utilizes technical and industry experience to formulate technology strategies. Evaluates and adjusts strategies to respond to competition. Ensures customer needs and requirements are represented.
Outcomes managed have a moderate impact on the short - and mid-term goals of the specified area of responsibility. Outcomes managed have a moderate impact on the short - and mid-term goals of the specified. Job Responsibilities
- Ensures that daily production, productivity, quality, service levels, and performance objectives are accomplished. May become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- Directly supervises a team of computer professionals and assigns them duties, monitors work-in-progress and takes corrective actions, where needed.
- Resolves technical or staffing problems as they arise, within the scope of its authority.
- May gather production, performance and other operational data to determine what changes in processes or procedures are needed to improve to meet objectives. May compile such data and present to Managers and Directors, where appropriate.
- Ensures frequent, continuous and effective communications with team members, within IT, and with stakeholders to set expectations and negotiate priorities appropriately, via both formal and informal channels / mechanisms.
- May manage budget to plan.
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and/or the recommendation of current system enhancements.
- Understand the underlying technologies and applications utilized within specified area of responsibility to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement priority technology requirements.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of IT experience OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 7 years of IT experience
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience in Agile application development methodology to deliver iterative results to business drivers.
- At least 1 year of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- At least 8 years in application performance testing and/or system implementation experience in multi-application and multiple-platform environments
- At least 3 years of experience in performance engineering using J2EE, Mobile, enterprise messaging systems/services using JMS, MQ, Data Power or ESB
- At least 3 years of experience in performance testing and/or system implementation for large scale enterprise applications
- Experience in data mapping and data conversion or BI/DSS performance testing
- Ability to leverage performance framework to deliver on testing efficiency and overall quality improvements
- Experience in risk analysis and mitigation solution
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement / DevOps principles
- Knowledge of UML diagrams
- Experience in open source and commercial tooling to support performance testing and engineering end-to-end on mobile framework to enterprise platforms
- Desired experience in performance tools : Selenium, JMeter, HAR Analysis, Cavisson, HP Load Runner, Dynatrace EUM, Application Monitoring, App Dynamics, Splunk, Neo Load, Network simulation
- Experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.