Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP) covers all aspect of internal audit activities
. Corporate Audit's QAIP is designed to provide reasonable assurance to the General Auditor and the Examining and Audit Committee (E&A) that Corporate Audit:
Performs its work in accordance with its Charter and State Street's Code of Ethics
Performs its work in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA): International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards), Definition of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics
Operates in an effective and efficient manner across the organization
Seeks ways to continually improve its operations QUALITY ASSURANCE REVIEWS External Quality Assessments
- To assist Corporate Audit Management in evaluating the performance of Corporate Audit including an evaluation of compliance with IIA Standards, State Street's Code of Ethics and the Corporate Audit Charter).IIA Standards Review
-To evaluate compliance with IIA Standards, State Street's Code of Ethics, and the Corporate Audit Charter which provide the foundation for Corporate Audit activities.Key Stakeholder Surveys
- To assess the efficiency and effectiveness of Corporate Audit in meeting the needs of its various stakeholders.Thematic Reviews
- To challenge judgments, assess conformance with departmental policies, procedures and/or methodologies, and to drive continuous improvement.Audit Workpaper Reviews
- To assess the division's general conformance with the audit methodology and to drive continuous improvement. IT Audit Manager, - Quality Assurance Audit
- The IT Audit Manager, - Quality Assurance Auditor is within State Street's Corporate Audit Division and is responsible for examining and evaluating the effectiveness, efficiency and economy of Internal Audit activities by assisting in managing, promoting and maintaining the Division's Quality Assurance and Improvement Program.
- Assisting in further developing the quality assurance and improvement program to align with industry best practices.
- Conducting and coordinating quality reviews over audit workpapers, audit methodologies and other division processes. .
- Reviewing division processes and recommending solutions and improved processes for implementation.
- Serving as a valuable resource on assurance standards, regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Assisting in the support of the global audit methodology, driving continuous improvement across Corporate Audit.
- Fostering the sharing of knowledge across the Division.
- Contributing to the Corporate Audit training curriculum.
- Providing ongoing measurement and analyses of Corporate Audit performance.
- Leading and participating in various Corporate Audit Division strategic initiative committees.
Qualifications IT Audit Manager, Quality Assurance Auditor Skills and Qualifications
- Professional with at least six years strong project management experience and exposure to risk and control environments, audit experience is a plus in Information Technology Audit.
- Experience in developing and managing project strategy, leading team efforts, overseeing deliverables, resolving issues and prioritizing actions
- Ability to execute concurrent projects in a fast paced environment while consistently meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on a team or independently while establishing strong working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage ambiguity
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking, written and oral communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly learn audit technologies (e.g., MetricStream, Lotus Notes databases, ACL)
- Financial services experience desired
- BS or BA degree required, MBA desired
- CIA, CPA or CISA desired
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID:
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.