The Corporate Internal Audit (CIA) IT Audit department, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an IT Auditor. This position is in New Brunswick, NJ.This position requires 25-30% domestic and international travel.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Corporate Internal Audit department completes an annual average of 300 audits, reviewing a variety of functions and processes of operating units throughout the world. Major areas reviewed for IT includes the data centers; SAP, JDE, ITGC and Information Security.
The primary mission of Corporate Internal Audit (CIA) is to assist Johnson & Johnson management in ensuring the existence of an effective system of internal controls that safeguard financial and information assets and ensure financial reporting integrity. Operating company financial and information technology systems and processes are audited to ensure compliance with selected government and industry regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson policies and standards. CIA also aims to identify and facilitate the adoption of financial and information technology best practices throughout Johnson & Johnson. The Corporate Internal Audit department provides independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to assist management in ensuring an effective system of Financial and IT internal controls are in compliance with government and industry regulations. Auditors will be assigned to audit any of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies across the various franchises and geographical regions. Auditors will work in assigned teams in accordance with the planned schedule.
The IT Auditor will be responsible for conducting assigned audit engagements at Johnson & Johnson affiliates within other geographical regions timely and leading in a variety of projects. Specific responsibilities may include assisting with audit planning, completing testing procedures, documentation for assigned audit cycles relevant to risk and testing objectives, writing audit recommendations, presenting findings to management.
Other common tasks include: assisting the team coordinator in preparation of the audit which will include: reviewing previous audit reports and work papers, familiarity with assigned audit areas. Additionally, perform detailed testing as required and reviewing findings with the audit manager, team coordinator, and internal customers throughout the audit to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner. IT Auditor must ensure that documentation to support testing and audit conclusion is complete and thorough. IT Auditor will also participate in formal interim and final meetings to discuss and finalize findings and recommendation.
- Participate in IT Audit & Internal Controls Assurance engagements
- Analyze IT processes & controls
- Perform ongoing controls testing consistent with the J&J SOX 404 program guidelines
- Record and document results and compare to expected results.
- Generate historical analysis of test results
- Independently assess the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting
- Maintain and make necessary updates to adequate control and process documentation (i.e. control matrices, flowcharts, testing documentation) in accordance with engagement objectives
- Performs root cause analysis and articulate control deficiencies internally and with client senior management
- Coordinate and manage interactions with multi-functional and cross-geographical teams both internally and externally, as necessary
- Identifies weaknesses in internal controls and opportunities to enhance operational efficiencies
- Plan and schedule controls testing consistent with internal control guidelines and requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A professional security, audit, or control-related certification, such as CISA, CIA, or CISSP, is preferred.
- Good understanding of IT Management Frameworks such as COBIT, ITIL and regulations such as SOX, PCI Compliance, HIPAA is required.
- Experience with the design, development and implementation and testing of internal controls for IT is required.
- Analytical skills; specifically, the ability to assess and decompose processes utilizing a risk and control focus are required.
- A highly motivated team player who is willing to go the extra mile is required.
- A minimum of two years of audit and advisory experience is required.
- Experience with a Big 4 or leading risk advisory/ public accounting firm is preferred.
- Knowledge of auditing principals and internal control concepts is required.
- Exposure or understanding of control concepts and processes with practical experience in regulatory compliance, internal audits, risk management is required.
- Some experience of IT system validation / quality testing is preferred.
- High level of self-confidence, strong people and client management skills and demonstrated leadership ability are required.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills are required.
- English fluency (written and verbal) is required; fluency in multiple languages is preferred.
- Must have the ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment is required.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally is required (25-30%)
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
Internal Audit ITRequisition ID