Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Job Title: Integrated IT Auditor Overview:
The Integrated IT Audit team is a rapidly growing team of professionals responsible for engagements that focus on business and related application technology risks. Team members work with business auditors to understand risks and related controls, including automated controls such as input/processing/output controls imbedded within business applications. The main objective of an integrated audit is to assess the design and operating effectiveness of manual and automated internal controls that mitigate both business and technology related risks. A collaborative approach is followed, with business and integrated audit team members jointly conducting the majority of internal and client-facing planning, control assessment, testing and reporting activities. The Integrated Audit team is also responsible for performing pre-implementation reviews of applications under construction.The Role:
Corporate Audit is seeking a well-rounded and versatile individual, who will independently perform risk and control assessments and execute testing during integrated audits. Application controls that are subject to testing will be determined during the risk and controls assessment phase of the audit and will most likely include:
- Electronic authorizations
- Application parameters, settings, edit checks, scripts, mappings, etc.
- Application access to sensitive application transactions and shared directories
- System interfaces
- Management, Edit, and Exception Reports
- Performs audit work as assigned, leveraging Corporate Audit's risk based methodology to assess risks and controls and validate the adequacy of the design of controls
- Devises effective and efficient tests of key controls, executes and documents audit tests and concludes on the effective operation of controls
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships within IT and the Business units
- Investigates and develops audit solutions for unique and/or complex situations
- Approximately 15% domestic and/or international travel.
Qualifications Qualifications & Skills:
The individual should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Proficient IT General Controls testing experience (user administration, business continuity /disaster recovery, system development lifecycle controls)
- Application Controls assessment and testing experience (data input and validation controls, validation of system processing through technics such as review of UAT / QA testing documentation, data interface testing, etc.)
- Excellent intellectual curiosity, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to work in a matrix management organizational team structure, as both an individual contributor or as a member of a team
- Experience in the following areas is desirable: Must have a relevant audit certification such as CISA/ CIA/CPA or be willing to gain one
- Candidate will act as Senior or Lead Auditor on Integrated and Application audit assignments
- Candidate will have either big 4 or FS IT Audit experience
- Experience in utilizing a risk-based audit approach
- Strong IT General and Application Controls and Testing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science preferred
- Experience in Financial Services industry, Financial Services processes and technology, application and automated business process controls and/ or technical application background
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID:
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.