Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Visa Performance Solutions (VPS) team is focused on improving our clients' profitability and performance through deep specialization in product, marketing, tailored consulting, automated solutions and unique insights leveraging Visa payment processing data that support the growth and performance of a clients' business.
Within VPS, the North America Strategic Services Benchmarking team uses a proven benchmarking methodology to deliver industry performance benchmarks to our clients that are unavailable from any other source. This team drives tangible and impactful financial results for Visa clients by identifying opportunities and using industry expertise and Visa's technology capabilities to develop and change client strategies.
We are currently looking for an Information Technology Benchmarking Analyst to lead our benchmarking efforts for IT and other operational functions. The ideal candidate is an IT professional looking to jump/evolve to a business position.
What will I work on in Strategic Services? We have unique and exciting opportunities for you here in our Bay Area offices as we grow our Strategic Services group. Typical projects for Strategic Services include:
- How does an issuer expand into offering or increase market share in credit or commercial products?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does an issuer expand their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does an issuer optimize their product offerings?
- How does an issuer's profitability compare to a benchmark of peers?
- What technology applications best drive product differentiation?
- Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering revenue-generating and cost efficiency consulting services to key Visa clients
- Complete consulting engagements with other team members, including participating in interviews, analyzing confidential client data, and summarizing key findings
- Responsible for completing detailed analysis on client data and identifying preliminary trends and themes in the data
- Develop client-specific presentations which address executive's needs and deliver presentations to clients and internal Visa partners
- Create custom analytics to solve client's needs across functional areas including risk, marketing, and operational areas
What is North America Strategic Services looking for in an Analyst? We are looking for bright and enthusiastic people to bring innovative ideas to our consulting practices:
- BA/BS required. Professionals with prior IT or IT consulting experience (2-3 years of work experience) preferred
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
- Knowledge of finance and general ledger accounting
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts - Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- A background in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- An affinity for payments technology and its future
- Willingness to travel 30% to 50%
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.