Responsible for application software support, enhancement and development, in support of the enterprise functions. Works closely with functional groups along with IT in leading the development efforts in support of existing applications, new system implementations, and other IT project initiatives. Primarily focused on system architecture and maintenance.
· May play key implementation role on application implementation projects.
· Responsible for a module of a larger project or takes the lead on smaller project.
· Works closely with and monitors the activities of external service providers.
· Understands the business processes which are supported by these systems.
· Liaises with software suppliers and other third parties, as required, to provide timely and cost-effective customer support.
· Ensures all tasks are managed to a successful conclusion and communicated to the customer.
· Evaluates and assists with implementation of improvements to existing applications collaboratively with the business.
· Builds and maintains close and effective working relationships with the enterprise organizations.
· Has an awareness of industry best practices along with the ability to suggest innovation where possible.
· Establishes and sustains close working relationships with client project sponsors and subject matter experts as well as IT technical, development and support area to define and implement services and support.
· May resolve service requests or escalates requests to the enterprise development teams.
· Develops functional design specifications for enhanced system functionality, provide functional support to the development team, and facilitate user acceptance testing with business teams once completed.
· Interfacing different applications/systems to maintain proper data governance.
· Responsible for managing application servers across separate environments.
· Ability to work in a fast paced, data driven environment where priorities may change.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, MIS, or Computer Science, or Engineering
· Typically requires 5 years of related experience with an emphasis on Operations application software and related technologies.
· Preferred application knowledge of Oil and Gas software and accounting, P2 Excalibur, P2 Land, P2 Merrick, Peloton Well-view, Aries, Petra, Assent, Oildex, TankLogix, Manage Engine, Microsoft SharePoint.
· Preferred Skills: Intermediate to Advanced Troubleshooting, Oracle SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services/Reporting Services, Microsoft PowerShell, Visual Basic or another coding language, Windows Server.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.