Apply knowledge of business and technology to allow for the development of integrated solutions to resolve technical and business issues. Serve as a liaison between internal & external customers and functional IT departments during the initial phases of development efforts for various business initiatives. Apply structured methodology in the creation of requirements from the business perspective, translated into easily understood formats that are acted upon by the various technical design and development teams in IT. Following BA principles and accepted methodologies, define the system and functional requirements of technical projects. Define specifications and data models for development efforts and testing. Create detailed test cases and analyze results. May assess available technologies and recommend solutions to technical teams.
Work is typically conducted unsupervised with only direction given in terms of desired outcomes. Able to understand the business strategy and goals to execute key duties and responsibilities to meet goals and objectives. Must be able to re-define processes if needed and provide subject matter expertise when working on assignments that typically are enterprise reaching or have high visibility for the organization.
- Use diverse professional experience and broad knowledge of both business and technology to analyze and develop integrated solutions to resolve complex technical or business issues. Actively participate and interact with customers to understand business needs, identify the best solution, and architect the processes to meet the needs.
- Analyze and design new business processes around requirements definition, information gathering, and consistent documentation methodologies. Standardize IT requirements methodology to reduce cost, improve productivity, improve quality, predictability and timeliness, reduce risk, improve cross-group coordination, improve skills and improve customer and associate satisfaction.
- Using multiple information gathering techniques, conduct facilitated sessions with customers to define detailed business requirements for solution development. Establish and maintain clear scope boundaries for the solution. Develop clear and concise functional requirements for the technical developers that are free from ambiguity to minimize re-work and errors. Articulate to the clients the implications of implementing new technologies in the current business and technology framework. Recognize the business’s needs and the implications of change. Formulate alternative solutions to satisfy business requirements.
- Develop precise documentation of prioritized functional requirements that can directly be converted to test plans, use cases, and system conceptual designs to meet performance targets and development project plans.
- Partner with business architects and other planners to assess current capabilities and identify high-level requirements.
- Translate requirements and use cases to the designers, ensuring there is a clear and concise understanding of requirements. Review test conditions and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing.
- Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the project work plan, and in reviews of the designs, prototypes and other project work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
- Continue to build on technical and business knowledge. Seek out innovations in process improvement, better utilization of resources, product enhancements, improved communications and faster issue resolution.
- Mentor junior level Analysts in business requirements gathering methodologies and documentation best practices.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.