Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Institutional Corporate Technology (ICT)
Institutional Corporate Technology (ICT) is part of Technology. This group is responsible for developing enterprise applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. In addition, ICT provides technology solutions for client-aligned groups and company-wide divisions, such as Finance and Operations, post-trade functions within the Institutional Securities Group and standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
Morgan Stanley is looking for a Compensation Business Analyst to join its HR IT Rewards team. The team is responsible for managing a number of key systems related to Compensation Management, and is about to embark on a strategic, multi-year initiative, in which the candidate will play a key role. The ideal candidate would be a subject matter expert on Compensation processes used in the Financial industry, have a good understanding of all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle and be well versed in business analysis and technical writing.
- Review, analyze and create detailed documentation for compensation systems and processes
- Map and re-engineer business processes for optimization
- Elicit and document business requirements for the new compensation system
- Conduct fit-gap analysis for vendor products against requirements
- Write detailed functional design documents including wireframes for the new screens, business rules, etc
- Design testing strategy and write test cases for new system functionality
- 7 years of experience with designing and implementing enterprise-wide HR systems
- 5 years of experience with Compensation business processes and systems
- 5 years of experience working with HR ERP systems such as Workday, PeopleSoft, Taleo, etc
- 5 years of experience in all aspects of business analysis function including business process mapping, requirements gathering, functional design and testing
- Experience designing and implementation compensation models is a plus
- Good understanding of all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Good Excel skills, and analytical skills
- Proven time management skills are a must, as is the ability to work at candidate's own direction and balance competing priorities and customer needs
- Candidate must be detail oriented, self-starter with proven written and verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively, to structure complicated thoughts in a clear and concise manner and have an approachable personality.- Experience developing, delivering and supporting software for Linux (or other UNIX ) operating system
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange Trading systems
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.