Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for an IT Business Analyst - Senior.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
• Leads the effort, working with the business, to define and document what constitutes business success for medium to large size initiatives within a single organization.
• Elicits, analyzes, and documents functional requirements across the five aspects (process, information, event, socio-political, and location), as appropriate for the large initiative. May either lead or work as part of a team to gather requirements.
• Elicits, analyzes, and documents non-functional business requirements
• Leads or conducts requirements management activities, as necessary, ensuring that the impact of changes are well understood and approved by the appropriate stakeholders within the organization.
• Leads or conducts solution assessment and validation to ensure that functional and technical specifications meet the identified business needs within the organization
• Reviews test plans and testing methodology to mitigate risks and participates in testing the solution to ensure the solution meets functional and non-functional requirements within the organization
• Conducts problem analysis as needed. Escalates complex issues for additional analysis and resolution as appropriate. Acts as a point of escalation for moderate to difficult problems.
• Develops positive relationships with both the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
• May coach and mentor less experienced business analysts
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Facilitation - Basic ability to pull a broad mix of people and related skill bases together for a common purpose and goal. It will often involve ability to influence because people on your team will very rarely report directly to you as a leader. Group dynamic techniques to have an individual or group work through a challenging issue, probe for issues/concerns and drive to consensus.
• Modeling - The ability to represent information following a defined standard, using a combination of graphical and textual elements. The ability to choose the correct type of model for a particular set of information, depending on the type of information to be communicated as well as the audience who will consume the information.
• Requirements Analysis - The ability to understand requirements and trace them back to business goals/objectives. The ability to identify the relationships and interdependencies between requirements. The ability to prioritize requirements based on their relative value, risk, difficulty of implementation, urgency, likelihood of success, regulatory compliance, or other factors.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience required. 3-5 years of experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
• Experience with Agile, specifically SCRUM, is strongly preferred for this position.
• Prior programming experience, is preferred.
• Cloud-based application experience would be a plus, as would familiarity with IdentityManagement and security practices.
• Previous use of the IBM Rational toolset for requirements management would be a plus.
• Support the business requirements and additional features/functionalities per the strategic Business Roadmap for Product Connectivity.
• Support the Product Connectivity Connected Diagnostics legacy application & Power Systems App.
• Liaison between the business (Product Analysts/Product Owners/UX) and technology (Tech Leads/Developers/QA), to translate tactical and strategic objectives into workable IT solutions.
• Responsible for creating L2 Wireframes, L2 Acceptance Criteria, Detailed Design Docs, Non-Functional Requirements, and Data Flow Diagrams.
• Participates in Feature Reviews and Design Reviews.
• Ensure adherence to CSO IT processes, policies and procedures.
• Responsible for fostering a positive end user experience.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.