Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the world's leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is #LeadingToBetter. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days! Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
- Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
- Empowering our people
- Promoting diverse thinking
- Investing in innovation
- Acting on sustainability
- Embracing our differences
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Description and Responsibilities
Our ambitious development strategy requires that we recruit and retain the best people, both to manage our business and to create the new and wide-ranging capabilities that will help us continue to grow. Smart, creative and determined people have made us the company we are today. Our work environment provides challenging and stimulating opportunities for talented individuals with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence.
We currently have an opening for a full time IT Business Engagement Manager (Back Office), located at our regional headquarters, in Beloit WI.
The BEM is a key role in the IT function that is required to work under the direction of our AMER IT Director, in support of Back Office Business functions (HR, Procurement, Finance Shared services, Ops Control, IT).
The candidate should possess strong written and communication skills, be a team-player and be comfortable with working closely with different business groups and individuals. They must be analytical, have good persuasion and facilitation skills and be effective at time & task management. Experience with project management is beneficial for the role.
The successful candidate will collaborate closely with IT technical and other Business Engagement managers to devise an effective strategy for executing and delivering on Business initiatives.
Management of a team of IT Business Engagement Analysts in support of Back Office functions.
Responsible for the oversight and management of IT's Business Engagement capabilities for Back Office functions. Act as a liaison and collaborate with the business and functional stakeholders to identify and deliver strategic enablement solutions across Back Office functions (HR, Procurement, Finance Shared services, Ops Control, IT)
- Own and actively manage the IT portfolio for the assigned business / function through: Overall ownership of projects from an IT perspective - plan, manage and deploy through KDM . Manage, control and report on non-project activities (maintenance / change requests, key issues etc.)
- Using Kerry's standard project delivery framework and ways of working, assist or lead the completion of key software development life cycle activities for given projects and change requests; primarily requirements documents, functional designs, test plans, training documents, go-live checklists and implementation strategies.
- Provide support to key business and IT colleagues, perform detailed analyses, prepare/maintain documentation and complete other tasks as assigned.
- Participate in business management meetings and understand critical business needs; input the same into the IT planning process.
- Manage project plans and understand key bottlenecks / anticipate impact on future deliverables. Ensures project tasks are effectively rescheduled / reassigned based on overall impact available resources and skill sets by adhering to agreed project management practices.
- Work with key stakeholders within the business to gain an understanding of business processes, identify gaps and / or efficiency opportunities and propose value added propositions for continuous improvement.
- Build and manage strong, effective business relationships / partnerships with function / business owners and within IT (regional and global).
- Other activities include project status reporting, conducting meetings with key business stakeholders and perform other departmental administrative tasks as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- At least 5 years work experience in a compatible job role.
- Familiarization with project management and delivery methodologies and systems
- Knowledge of Back Office functional capabilities, concepts and processes.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to lead with limited guidance
- Excellent work ethic, organization, planning, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Influencing and persuasion skills
- Ability to professionally interact with people and cultivate strong partnerships