Oracle's Global Information Security (GIS) team is seeking Manager - Information Security based out of Oracle's HQ in Redwood S hores . . The ideal candidate is a dynamic individual with exceptional skills in information security who can focus on reducing security risk across Oracle Corporation. The
candidate should thrive on challenge and be able to successfully execute on Oracle's security strategy and projects.
This role requires the individual to manage and lead multiple, concurrent security-related projects and initiatives; to ensure
that security controls are in place to adequately protect Oracle'sinformation assets; to identify, assess, report on and
guide resolution on information security risk across Oracle's Lines of Business (LoBs); to ensure regulatory compliance
and oversee the implementation of Oracle's security and privacy policies as they apply to both systems and business
processes. The role requires participation in multiple initiatives including, but not limited to: oversight, compliance,
education and awareness, technical security reviews, reporting on and documenting risk and recommendations to
- Lead multiple, concurrent, strategic corporate-wide security-related projects and initiatives across LoBs.
- Provide information security guidance and direction to reduce risk across the corporation while helping LoBs to meet their
- Influence business leaders to prioritize the resolution of security findings and fund appropriate technological and business
process change to meet Oracle's compliance obligations.
- Enforce compliance with established Oracle Security-related policies; act as subject matter expert to advise on the
development of policies; provide security guidance to LoBs.
- Participate in Incident Response, as required.
- Write papers and guidelines; report on risk; write briefs for the Oracle Security Oversight Committee.
- Work collaboratively on a variety of projects within Global Information Security and with Corporate Security; Legal;
Corporate Affairs; LoB Information Security Managers; and LoBs.
- Exercise discretion and sound judgment in dealing with corporate information and situations that are sensitive and highly
- Be able to engage with customers in regards to Oracles' information security posture
- Speak on behalf of Oracle on information security at internal and external speaking engagements.
- Review and respond to customer requests for proposals and questionnaires, and customer contractual requests
- Periodic travel likely; some international
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field-or commensurate experience
- 5-7 years experience in Information Security preferred
- 3-5 years experience of Data Privacy initiatives preferred
- Demonstrated success managing multiple initiatives simultaneously across a variety of knowledge areas
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must
- Broad knowledge of global regulatory environment preferred
- Familiarity with Oracle RDBMS, Application Server, Applications (ERP, CRM); hosting/SaaS environments; Information
Technology operations; business operations
- Strong business acumen along with a proven ability to influence and gain buy-in at the executive level across divisions
- Ability to keep up with evolving technological changes affecting the privacy and security disciplines; enthusiasm for
involvement in new projects and initiatives; fast learner
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results by leading cross-functional initiatives
- Ability to effectively manage multiple strategic initiatives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of PCI, ISO27001, HIPAA, etc.
- Professional qualifications preferred: Computer Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information
Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Experience with LAN/WAN networking, network security, operating systems, and physical security may be an advantage
- System deployment or software development skills
- Team player, self-starter; ability to work independently
Assists with analyzing complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
As part of a software project implementation team, provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user needs. Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business specifications. Designs details of automated systems. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems. May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
Job duties are varied and complex; independent judgment needed. May have project lead role. Prefer 5 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.