Legal Operations Analyst 3
Oracle is seeking an experienced legal professional (non-attorney), who is passionate to implement efficiencies to the Oracle Legal Team. This position reports to the Legal department eDiscovery team and will be responsible for working with in-house Attorneys, Paralegals, outside Counsel, Corporate Security, IT and outside vendors on eDiscovery activities. The position requires an individual with strong legal case research and analysis experience with an eDiscovery background, who is self-motivated and able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced global technology firm.
Main Responsibilities of the position
As a Legal Operations Analyst in Oracle's Legal Department, you will assist in the coordination and management of eDiscovery related activities. You will coordinate and administer project management for key eDiscovery initiatives. Typical projects will focus on Legal Hold management, ESI identification, preservation, collection, processing, review, analysis and production. Initiatives will focus on proactive policies and processes to increase efficiency, reduce risk and reduce costs of eDiscovery activities.
Partners independently with in-house Attorneys, Paralegals, outside Counsel, Corporate Security, Information Technology personnel and outside vendors, to fully and accurately preserve electronic and paper records required in litigations, regulatory matters and investigations
Coordinates Legal Hold management activities
Responds to ad hoc inquiries to research, identify, locate and collect electronically stored information (ESI) for legal cases, regulatory matters and investigations
Troubleshoots ESI related identification, preservation, collection, processing, review, analysis and production issues in collaboration with cross organizational groups or outside parties
Responsible for the execution of litigation support projects including M&A related application migrations
Supports the continuous improvement of eDiscovery operational processes globally
Assists in the development and maintenance of best practices in the use of technology and workflow processes
Advises legal teams on the strategic use of technology to effectively manage cases
This position is US based.
This job description may not represent all duties of the position. The Analyst may be asked to perform other related duties, as needed.
Qualifications you are requiring the candidate to have:
- 4 years of relevant corporate legal experience including project management, case research and case investigation experience. Oracle Legal department experience is a plus
- BA/BS or related legal work experience
- Strong computer proficiency and understanding of computer technology required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively with Legal and technical teams
- Experience working with in-house Legal staff, outside counsel and third party vendors on litigation case management or in the area of eDiscovery, including ESI identification, preservation, collection, processing, review, analysis and production
- Project management skills and experience coordinating across functional departments required
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be familiar with legal terminology, case management activities, litigation support concepts and have a basic understanding of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Knowledge and understanding of Relativity and other review platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of forensic data collection (Encase) and chain of custody concepts is a plus
- Candidate must be able to work in a flexible, highly complex and varied work environment
- Candidate must be self-motivated, confident and capable of managing multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative and dynamic team environment
Assists with analyzing complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
As part of a software project implementation team, provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user needs. Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business specifications. Designs details of automated systems. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems. May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
Job duties are varied and complex; independent judgment needed. May have project lead role. Prefer 5 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.