About Bristol-Myers Squibb:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Position Summary:
The Redwood City, CA site of Bristol-Myers Squibb is a world-class biologics discovery operation, leading in Immuno-Oncology research. This site has produced some of the most impactful biologics products in the industry, like Opdivo (nivolumab) and Yervoy (ipilimumab). We seek an individual who can leverage technology and accelerate the productivity of Biologics Discovery scientists.
This role is accountable for managing IT technological demands, implementation and evolution of strategic information systems that globally enable Discovery Biologics Research to streamline processes, particularly around data management and analysis. This role is within the Discovery IT department and will partner with Discovery Research, other internal IT service teams, outsourcing partners, and vendors to define, prioritize, plan, deliver and support strategic digital capabilities. Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing strategic and collaborative partnerships with all levels of biologics research, including management, and IT partner functions; which include platform architecture, software engineering, and application support, and program management.
- Accountable for identifying and implementing digital capabilities that have the greatest impact on Discovery Biologics Research, setting appropriate expectations, and ensure that IT delivery resources are appropriately engaged to deliver solutions. Contribute heavily towards developing a strategic roadmap describing a vision for the long-term development of a department(s) capabilities, and translates those roadmaps into actionable projects with clearly articulated business cases.
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical documentation and artifacts; particularly around assay informatics, analytics, and data visualization. Must be able to wireframe and prototype solutions.
- Thoroughly understand scientific workflow(s) and overall Biologics Discovery, to become a subject-matter expert (SME) and trusted IT business partner between Research and IT.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- Strong business analysis skills, and an ability to lead analysis of complex and ambiguous scientific business needs, and to translate and integrate requirements into compelling and actionable strategic plans. Have a proven track record of delivering high-value capability projects in a research environment.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with the confidence to build strong partnerships with scientists and also become trusted advisor to senior leaders.
- Strong domain expertise in the application of IT in Discovery Biologics Research, including a broad understanding of typical scientific processes and how they are supported. Knowledge of systems for Sample Registration, Sample Management, Data Capture and Data Analytics.
- Knowledge of AGILE and waterfall software-development lifecycle methodologies (SDLC).
- Knowledge of Biologic-based therapeutics discovery and development, and Pharmaceutical and related industries. Immuno-Oncology, Oncology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, and/or Protein Engineering experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and support a dynamic culture of innovation and continuous improvement in a matrix organization.
- Potential to develop into an internally and externally recognized thought-leader in the field of Biologics IT.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Genomics, Immunology, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry with at least 3-5 years' experience in Pharmaceutical Research would be preferred.
- 5 years' experience in IT, roles involving business analyst, project management, data analytics, and/or informatics.
- Candidate has development or end-user experience with various industry applications such as; MS Excel/VBA, GraphPad Prism, IDBS' E-Workbook/BioBook, LIMS, and/or Spotfire.
- Familiarity/Experience with one or more of the following: Scripting language (Python, R preferably), and/or scientific instrumentation (Flow Cytometers, Mass-Spectrometers, Lab Automation, etc.).
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.