The Information Technology Coordinator (ITC) is a member of the Customer Support team. They are responsible for maintenance and internal support of RSM LLP’s PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment.
Provide level 2 end user support including but not limited to:
- Monitor and respond timely to support tickets in the ITC queue(s).
- Document Service Desk ticket tech notes for escalation or resolution of service requests.
- Assist with Service Desk tickets in the regional ITC queue in supporting all locations in the region/company.
- Send Corporate IT communications to internal customers.
Support and maintenance of PCs including but not limited to:
- Complete PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images, and software.
- Train new employees on the use of PC and other networked equipment using standard training documents
- Assign users and computers to proper business groups in Active Directory
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, connection, and software issues reported to the Service Desk and assigned to the regional ITC
- Coordinate with authorized vendor for PC hardware repair
- Monitor and remove virus, spy-ware, and other non-authorized software
- Maintain and/or coordinate PC hardware inventory
- Order and purchase standard equipment and software through approved vendors
Support firm software
- Support Desktop Management with post-mass deployment issues of standard software
- Provide IT support for local software within their region. May coordinate support with a Product Champion
- Upgrade local server software as necessary
Participate in team and projects including:
- Regular scheduled regional calls
- Assist other IT Coordinators in the region, and/or company
- Proactively support Corporate IT and customer support changes and initiatives
- Test phases of changing hardware and software standards
- Monitor ticket queues to ensure SLAs and OLAs are met
- Utilize the standard Knowledgebase per standard procedures
Complete various projects and tasks as assigned as such:
- IT focus groups
- Reconciliation of Active Directory permissions as per internal securities audits
- Reconciliation of licenses associated with locally purchased software
- Coordinate with local vendors for cabling, HVAC, phone system, printer/fax, and other IT related facilities maintenance
- Tasks related to potential office remodels or relocations
Maintain network file and print server:
- Update networked applications as required
- Maintain daily tape backup and off-site tape storage
- Report file and server issues to the Service Desk for further assignment
- Setup and maintain network printers, scanners, and multi-function devices
- Coordinate copier/MFD repairs with authorized repair vendor
- Provide phone support in centralized VoIP locations
Facilitate legal matters compliance with Internal Legal and IRM requests including:
- Complete legal hold workstations procedures and hard drive copies as requested
- Preserve backup tapes and other electronic media as requested
Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-3 years relevant experience in customer service
- Working knowledge of hardware and applications including but not limited to:
- Windows Server OS, Microsoft Windows OS, MS Office Suite, asset management, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Active Directory, computer imaging software, CA Unicenter Service Desk software, VoIP phone systems, CCH ProSystem FX, endpoint security & protection, enterprise backup solutions, hard disk encryption software, PC hardware, printers, and other networked equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the technology tools required within assigned responsibilities
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic, remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times and exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and consult effectively with employees at all levels
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.