At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an IT Data Protection Specialist to join the IT Data Protection Team with the position located in Maplewood, Minnesota. Job Summary
The person hired for the position of IT Data Protection Specialist
will work directly with 3M's IT Compliance Lead and key resources to refine existing IT Data Protection and Privacy policies and standards and governance for 3M's data collection, storage, use, and transfer of data assets. This role will be part of a team of resources in assisting the global, regional, and local teams within 3M to design and implement IT Systems in compliance with internal and external Data Protection requirements. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of global data protection strategies and regulations as well as experience working across a global matrixed organization. The position also requires direct experience working with cross-functional teams from different businesses and various countries in a complex organization with differences in language, culture and time zones.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop IT Data Protection Policies and Standards in cooperation with 3M Legal and Information Security organizations
- Support efforts to cascade IT Data Protection Policies and Standards across the organization
- Support a team within IT Quality & Compliance organization to facilitate project teams in the implementation of IT Systems in compliance with the Data Protection Policies and Standards
- Collaborate with in-house legal counsel, privacy officers and internal compliance subject matter experts globally
- Foster strong working relationships to gain consensus from cross-functional stakeholders
- Establish data protection controls
- Conducts project-related data protection risk assessments and periodic compliance audits
- Improve 3M SDLC practices to bring more focus to data protection
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience supporting technology initiatives in an enterprise environment
- Any one of the following combinations of experience and education from an accredited institution:
- Bachelor's degree or higher AND a minimum of six (6) years of IT experience
- Vocational/Trade/Technical diploma or Associate's degree AND a minimum of eight (8) years of IT experience
- High School Diploma/GED AND a minimum of ten (10) years of IT experience
- Direct experience with data protection compliance topics such as NIST, HIPAA, PCI, EU Data Protection Directive, GDPR, DFARS, CFAT or others relevant laws both U.S. and international
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or other certifications
- Ability to work throughout the entire process (strategy through detailed task planning)
May include up to 10% travelRelocation Benefits:
Are not authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.