POSITION PURPOSE -
Do you want to be part of a thrilling revolution influenced by technology? The Home Depot is a $80 billion business-focused environment where you can contribute in a variety of functional areas covering all aspects of the consumer value chain. We are currently managing leading software packages and technology platforms to deliver creative results to our business partners and customers. We need people who understand how best to apply technologies to solve problems and develop innovative solutions. If you are looking for an opportunity to see instant, progressive, and substantial business benefits from your technology talents and experience, it's the perfect time to join The Home Depot.
At The Home Depot, as a Developer, you use your proficiency in one or more programming languages as a member of an Agile Development Team that works along Business Product Owners to to understand and prioritize their needs, and develop solutions to support them by:
- Practicing Test Driven Development and Paired Programming to deliver simple story features leveraging microservices
- Developing software leveraging open source tools, languages, and frameworks.
- Participates in daily code builds and frequent deployments
- Using design patterns and resiliency methods to develop high-quality, reliable, scalable and more maintainable code
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 1 - 4 yrs relevant work experience
- Experience and/or Interest in Agile development (XP preferred)
- Working experienc in pairs directly interacting with product owners
- J2EE (Tomcat)
- Web Services development
- Development tools - Eclipse, Jenkins, SONAR, JIRA, Pivotal Tracker
- Database (comfortable with SQL and data design)
- Good written and oral communication skills.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
Take business requirements and develop the total technical design for assigned mid-sized projects and ensure proper usage as part of the design efforts in building a system to be put into production. Follow the established processes, policies, standards and procedures to assure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies and standards. Conduct appropriate test reviews on assigned projects as necessary. Present findings and offer solutions to management.
NATURE AND SCOPE -
Typically reports to Manager, Information Technology No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time." />
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!