Software Developer - Full Stack
ZORO is looking for someone that can work in the Scrum/Agile environment and bridge the gap between IT development and the business areas. You will be an integral part of defining our tool set, systems and processes. This role will provide the technical solutions to user stories and facilitate the tasks and approach needed to for the solution deployment. Frequent, clear, and concise communication to IT leaders and business leaders is a key aspect of this role. Major Responsibilities:
- Create new applications based on approved designs
- Modify existing programs to correct bugs or enhance functionally
- Integrate custom developed applications with 3rd party packages
- Configure application servers, databases, and 3rd party packages
- Develop unit test plans and perform unit testing on all code changes
- Participate in function, integration, regression, and acceptance testing by working with the appropriate resources
- Diagnosing production issues and assessing scope, impact, and importance of issues
- Mapping technical specifications to language-specific class/method structures
- Understanding and/or developing relational database resources to support the application
- Conducts task estimation for input to project planning
- Maintain all necessary technical documentation, such as process flows, system architecture
- Correcting issues in a timely manner depending on scope and impact
- Communicating the impact and resolution of issues to appropriate personnel
- Understanding the business needs driving new functionally
- Develops a strong working knowledge of web tools, services, and industry trends by conducting specified secondary research to determine practical implementation of emerging technologies through prototyping, benchmarking and working with consultants and vendors
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, STEM-related area or relevant experience required. Master's degree in a STEM field preferred.
- Proficient in high-level script languages (Python preferred) as well as script environments like bash
- Experienced in data movement, Linux(Centos, Ubuntu), Systems integration, testing, and deployment
- Experience with RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres)
- A desire to work in a fast growing, fast paced, company
- ETL experience is a plus
- Familiarity with agile methodology
- 3+ years of experience developing web applications required. Open source technologies experience preferred.
- Familiarity with git
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Experience developing applications that utilize JSON
- Experience working with search engine technology such as Google
- Experience developing graphical content of applications a big plus
- Strong working knowledge of the UNIX command line, scripting, and basic configuration is a plus
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. See if we are normal at:
http://www.zoro.com/careers Meet some of the skulk at:
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.