Service Design Director Job description
This is a leadership role in the Technology Strategy & Governance organization. This position is responsible for governing standards. This role will lead a team of Governance Architects to systematically establish a governance practice. You will be responsible for understanding the standards and Service Management catalog in detail. You will establish a program to measure compliance to these standards, understand how to bring the non-compliance deployment under compliance. You will also establish a well thought out exception management process and track exceptions and their remediation.
This role will also be responsible for managing the entire life cycle of the technology and standards in production. You will systematically identify and retire end of life technologies. This role will work closely with the Infrastructure Standards team to ensure standards are introduced with full life cycle management in mind including operability, manageability, monitoring, alerting etc. This role will also work with engineering team to enforce deployment with standardized configurations and measure and correct the drift in configuration in the deployed footprint.
- Work with Product/Engineering/Operations/Support teams to ensure Operational Governance Standards are defined via ITSM standards, measured and reported across corporation
- Engage during the complete ITIL service lifecycle from governance perspective
- Work with engineering and product teams to measure standards compliance at a detailed configuration level.
- Ensure introduction of new technology from Design to Transition is governed to operate at scale.
- Understand, evaluate need for new technologies and provide input to the standards teams to ensure our standards are relevant and evolve with the business needs.
- Establish scorecards, dashboard to measure compliance, standards maturity
- Establish and measure governance KPIs
- Provide input into ELA and other sourcing activities
- Over 10 years of experience with 5 years managing in a global environment
- Broad knowledge of IT technologies (e.g., hardware, operating systems, network devices, software development and architecture)
- Good understanding of existing and emerging technology for infrastructure and application areas
- Must have prior demonstrable experience in delivering large enterprise initiatives through cross functional collaboration
- Proven track record in delivering results in a highly complex and matrixed organization
- Advanced communication skills, exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively and across functional lines
- Demonstrated use of metrics to measure success or improvements in areas of responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Demonstrated ability to develop credibility, influence without authority, and successfully implement change initiatives within a diverse, complex organization
- Appreciation of broader infrastructure areas supporting a large and complex platform
- Ability to adopt and learn new methods and technologies quickly
Work with a world class team to develop, implement, and support cutting edge Oracle technology.
Manages teams supporting and/or implementing multi-functional and/or multi-location projects and/or systems. Defines, documents and manages scope, expectations, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria. Develops and manages an effective risk mitigation strategy for the project(s).
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Successful track record as a manager. Detailed knowledge of technical and business concepts of a number of related applications areas. BA/BS degree preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.